Subject Author Posted Replies

Broiler won't light
Sometimes the elements glow, but not hot enough to allow the gas valve to open. You can do some troubleshooting at or One million parts for appliances, lawn mowers, furnaces, and 40 other household...
6
6

Polarity(?) and common house-current
I live in a little house built in 1954. It has a certain number of ungrounded receptacles. In the context of DC power, I have some notion of the importance of polarity. For years, all small electrical...
3
3

availability of sheet ABS or suitable substitute?
Hi all, to tell you why I'm asking, I have a whole collection of used Thule roof rack parts laying around (I wanted to be able to carry bikes on my car, but didn't feel like paying the...
7
7

Online parts source for Franke Little Butler Water Filtration System?
Any leads greatly appreciated. I need a grey plastic push fitting for outlet side of the housing cap (1/4" green tube). Mine was leaking, I overtightened, and broke it. Franke Triflow Filter System on...

Billy Mays Dead
Yep, seems to be true!! Let's hear some suggestions for new products like Mighty Wormer. Keep those pesky worms out of your rotting cavities. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0...
29
29

RIP: Billy Mays
3
3

Wall speaker jacks
Hi, This might be more appropriate for an audio forum, but I can't find one! I'm looking to install speakers in my house connected to a single receiver, with wires running through the walls....
7
7

Shed project: Shearwall design
In a free-standing garage, where one wall is almost entirely absent to make a door opening, what parts of the structure prevent the door wall from racking? I am second-guessing myself about my shed...
8
8

AC repair question
I had a problem with my AC units. I thought it was the freon which was too low. The AC guy came out and said that he first recommended cleaning the outside AC units, at $80/unit. His partner says that...
30
30

MOLD
I planted a wisteria on the west side window to an out building where my office and tool room are. Because it's been 108 degrees this week and we just replaced our compressor/fan, I thought about...
5
5

A Noisy Whirlpool in Window A/C
It' got into the 90s today here, and I decided to turn on my Whirlpool a/c, model acq062mm, and enjoy it in one room. It was doing fine pushing out cold air, but the fan kept getting louder. The...
9
9

dualsaw
Anybody out there bought and used the new dualsaw? Billy Maze really really turns me off, but it does look like a pretty cool saw. I also realize that they can make lots of things look better than it...
9
9

Gorilla tape: Good as it claims?
Is the Gorilla duct tape as good as it claims?
10
10

How2 use sink sprayer as shower nozzle?
I want to buy a sink sprayer and hook it to the pipe coming out of bathroom wall for the shower I want to use this fir taking Navy showers where you soap up, use the sink sprayer and when you let it...
9
9

How to install screen door?
I install a couple of these when I was in my teens/20s at my parent's house. I remember it being a pain, but I got it done and it worked. Now, 30 years later, I need to install a wooden screen...
4
4