Subject Author Posted Replies

What kind of well water system does this look like for upcoming project?
I'm flying to Vermont this week to help my brother with the plumbing to install the Crystal Quest CQE-WH-01202 that he bought and had delivered to his new house (built in 1999). I had him measure the...

How to rescue a table saw from rust
Hi, I was given a free craftsman table saw with a cast iron top and extensions. It's never been used and I got it in the original never opened box. This saw was built in 1986 and has since been...
13
13

liht switch has power to both sides but light does not work
I have severial rooms that the light switch does not work but both sides of the switches have power going to them, before it happend the lights in all the rooms flickerd on and of...
5
5

Settling
About 10 years ago we replaced carpet in the downstairs living room with vinyl plank. The installers had to use a lot of mud to level the floor and it looked great when they were done. Now, we see...
8
8

Troubleshoot Electrical Panel
About 10 years ago I bought a Square D 100 amp electrical panel and some breakers at Home Depot and had an electrician replace my old box. I suspect that one bus is not energized because last night, a...
7
7

Ever get ill after using a line-trimmer?
Has you ever became ill after using a line-trimmer? The last two times that I've trimmed growth that was as tall I was, I ended up inadvertently inhaling some of the pulverized debris, and each night...
55
55

roofing surface question
what's the stuff called that is used in the deep south on flatdeck reroofs, small pebbles that look like grey and white stones, attached to surface of the topcoat and also thrown onto the melted tar ?...
9
9

Kenmore Elite 795.7519 fridge. Leaking water reservoir
My Kenmore Elite 795.7519 refrigerator has a leaking water reservoir on the door. Here's what it looks like: attempted to resolve the problem myself. After turning the water supply off, I tried...
4
4

dishwasher rack
How is the best way to remove a rust spot on a dishwasher (Maytag) rack? Do I need to scrape off rust before applying any coating? Thanks.
2
2

Propane-powered Mosquito Traps: What's the deal? Do they work?
I remember seeing these propane-powered mosquito traps at local big-box hardware stores a few years ago, but I don't think I've seen any of them lately. They retailed for around $300 and up to $450 if...
42
42

Central Vac silencer
I want to truly silence my Hayden central vac. I bought a muffler for it, but it's not really of much use since I've already vented the exhaust to the outside via an unused dryer vent. The facts are...
40
40

Install garbage disposal
My old condo came with an un-working disposal. I replaced it with a new one. The plumber charged $75. I paid. It happened last week. I'm a 22 yrs old, female, just moved out from my parents' house...
11
11

Booster pump for backwash cycle of whole-house filter
My brother in Vermont bought this nice Crystal Quest CQE-WH-01202 whole-house filter (iron/sulfur/manganese, see link below) but we're not sure about whether he has enough water pressure for the...
9
9

Bugs
I've never seen as many bugs as we have this year. I use my leaf blower every morning to blow out my bug zapper. It's caked every morning. You go out at night to star gaze or something, shine a light...
13
13

Paving
Just wondering, when I get my driveway paved I have to stay off it for a few days. When they pave the road I can drive on it as soon as the roller gets out of the way. Why?
5
5