Electric Range Wiring

Hi;

I had a gas range in my kitchen. I want to install an electric range. Should I use 6 gauge or 8 gauge wiring?

Thanks Pat

Reply to
komobu

#6 copper will be sufficient for any residential electric range. #8 copper will be sufficient for most residential electric ranges

Reply to
RBM

Definitely #6 if you will getting a double oven with that or an oven with a warming drawer..

Reply to
John Grabowski

gas is far better for burners.

by the time you add a new breaker, proper cable etc etc. remember 4 wire cable and receptable is now required

you will find it far cheaper to stick with gas.........

Reply to
bob haller

depends.

Reply to
Steve Barker

How about a manufacturer & model number?

What is the current draw? How big is the circuit breaker?

cheers Bob

Reply to
fftt

Good point. And I've never been able to broil a steak well with electric.

Reply to
mm

gas probably costs less to operate too. the instant heat instant off makes frying etc easier

Reply to
bob haller

Natural gas gives you a heat source when the electric is off. I've used mine several times, for emergency heat.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon