This has me really freaked out. I have no idea why this happened.
I was getting a pot off of my pot rack with one hand, and had a pan in my o
ther hand. I went to put the pan on the range burner while holding on to t
he pot on the pot rack and I got an electric shock. A real good electric s
hock. Not static electricity, an electric shock.
The pot rack is attached to the stringers in the ceiling by lag bolts, and
is NOT grounded. The main bar of the pot rack is a 1" X 1" X 6' steel bar,
which weighs about 20 lbs. The entire structure with the pots on it proba
bly weighs about 40 lbs. It's a lot of metal.
The range is a Kenmore. The burner was OFF at the time.
I don't know what to check. I really don't understand ANYTHING about this
incident. If the burner was ON, and if the pot rack was grounded, then I c
ould maybe see this happening, but I could sure use some advice figuring th
Would that much metal act as a ground? I don't think so, but I don't know.
What should I be testing?
ANY help would be VERY appreciated.