Removing back panel on Kenmore range

I have a Kenmore electric range Model # C880 6305090, about 10 years old. I need to replace the infinite switch for one of the burners. Normally, this is done by taking off the back panel.

The back panel covers the entire back of the stove, and when I removed the screws, the panel didn't come loose. Is there something I am missing? Is there some trick involved in removing it? Or do I access the control panel from the front?

Has anyone else encountered this?

Reply to
Gord

Did anyone ever reply to this query? (Same problem here but in year 2019.)

Reply to
Don P

Did you try pulling up parts diagrams online at the repair parts stores? Many times you can figure out how it comes apart by looking at the exploded parts diagrams.

Reply to
trader_4

I had the same problem and couldn’t find any help from anywhere online. So...I figured it out myself (after making a huge mess of parts) If you’re interested in dealing with the wiring, burner, and light switches, It’s actually not that tough. (Unplug your stove first 🙂😉)

  1. You don’t remove the back to get inside. You go through the top/front display panel.
  2. Remove the two top corner screws on the left and right back area of the stove.
  3. Pop out the long overhead light bulb on very top of the stove.
  4. Remove the two screws on the left and right front corners inside where the light bulb was. (They’re kind of on an angle)
  5. Gently pull the sides of the top stove panel away from the centre (they’re flexible) but hold on to the front of the switch panel because it’ll move (rotate) forward which will gain you access to all the main interior guts. I hope this helps. I know I sure could’ve used the advice. 😉👍🏻
Reply to
T-Man