Subject Author Posted Replies

Can i ask here ?
Did'nt know where to post this,so i'm asking here. I have Verizon & there discontinue News readers. Is there a good free newsreader you can suggest ?
27
27

HVAC rust
My HVAC unit already beginning to develop rust underneath the compressor after only 5 years. Its just a little but it is the first sign. What is the best way to treat this. JImmie
5
5

Does this price seem high
Ac unit on the roof stopped working at a rental house. Called an AC company to go look and fix. $74 flat charge to show up and diagnose - that seemed in line. So they call me back and say the...
37
37

just wondering
As I was driving home tonight, I drove past a house under construction. They were at the stage of having the basement poured, the floor joists strung, and the main floor plywood down. It does not rain...
24
24

"Wonder putty" for window repair: epoxy?
Don't mind that name--that's just what I'm calling the stuff. The stuff being what a guy would want to use to fix a rotted window frame. I've seen this stuff, both on the tube and in the flesh: a...
8
8

Synthetic oil and follow-up oil changes?
I went to the Jiffy Lube this weekend and thought I'd splurge and put in some Castrol Syntec as they were having a sale on it, (vehicle 2007 Toyota RAV4). When I asked for the Syntec the guy said that...
30
30

How to Repair Gaps in Entrance Step?
I have a small step right outside of the side entrance of my house. Its top side is constructed with a flat square-shaped concrete in the center, and pieces of stone in three sides of the concrete...
2
2

Installing bead board over laminate
Hello ... We've recently replaced our counter tops and want to refresh our backsplash with bead board . We currently have plastic laminate now, which being 25 years old completely shows its age in...
1
1

Quest for an I-T-E breaker
I am trying to find a I-T-E 30 amp breaker without out any luck. The main box says it can take either a Type EQ-P or EQ-T. Any ideas of where I can find one? Thanks.
11
11

Board on Board Fence along Highway - same project, different layout. Why?
They are redoing the highway near my house, and running a few miles of board-on-board fencing along the back of the yards that back up to the highway. Basically, this stuff: noticed that in some...
10
10

fencing against house...
Hi all, I'm going to be putting up a 4' tall dog fence behind our house (we just have small dogs). Easy enough, except... What do people typically do where fences meet (timber) buildings, though?...
17
17

Freezer antics
Yesterday, my Frigidaire 16 cu. ft. upright freezer had a lot of ice in it from condensation. The refrigerant flows through the wire shelves. I thawed it out, removing all the ice. Upon startup, the...
2
2

Security Systems (OT?)
My cars and neighbors cars have been broken into several times in the past month. I suspect it's the same person doing the rounds every couple of weeks. I want to install a system to CATCH this guy....
16
16

Stockade fence, boards shrinking?
A neighbor has a stockade fence, with pickets about 3 inches wide. It's been in 5 or 7 years and it's easily possible to see between the pickets into his yard. It wast very difficult to see anything...
16
16

Aluminum Railing
I am replacing my railing. At first, I was sold on vinyl, but today I was at Lowes/Ziggys and I think I like the powdered aluminum railings better. The salesmen at both stores said aluminum will last...
29
29