DIY incubator?

I keep my house temperature low to save money. However, fruits take longer to ripen, so I'm going to make an incubator to put the fruits in.

It's really simple. I need these parts:

(1) line-voltage digital thermostat (2) a box with a glass window (3) heat lamp or light bulb

Basically this would be hooked up as if it is a baseboard heater in a room except the heater is a light bulb and the room is a box with a see through panel.

Can anyone think of an even simpler or better design?

Reply to
james

Window sill of sunny window?

Reply to
norminn

That's one cold house if you keep it that cold that fruit doesn't ripen!

Reply to
Mark