Subject Author Posted Replies

Garbage Disposal Wiring
My house doesn't have a Garbage Disposal (nor do I foresee wanting one) but since I'm replacing drywall behind the kitchen sink and adding another outlet over the countertop, I want to run the...
18
18

Problem finding Wall Sconce replacement locknut
Greetings, I need a new glass shade and locknut for a living room wall sconce. I do not know the name brand but I have attached a photo of the locknut. Does anyone have any ideas where I can get one...
5
5

How to choose correct tool to re-thread stripped bolt?
Trying to assist a friend with the repair of a piece of exercise equipment. Someone stripped a threaded part. See the post sticking straight up from the cylindrical part in the picture? what's the...
11
11

Bacteria sick shower head!
Every week or so there is something 'in the news' that's unhealthy or causes a risk to one's well-being! These items sometimes even get 15 seconds of coverage on some TV news spot!...
78
78

prepping interior trim.
hello. i am about to repaint the trim in my hallway. I do know that there is a layer of lead paint with a coat or two of latex paint. so, i am thinking that snding is out of the question. Would the...
7
7

Kroil vs. Liquid wrench for loosening stuck Water heater anode rod
A recent post recommended applying Kroil daily for a week to loosen up a stuck anode rod in a water heater. - Is Kroil significantly better than more commonly available brands such as Liquid wrench? -...
11
11

Mortising hinges
Commercial project, slab door swap. Before- it... or not...? ----- - gpsman http://tinypic.com/r/2m3snj4/3 http://tinypic.com/r/14waxco/3 http://tinypic.com/r/2gyahab/3
1
1

OT Creating online accounts
I get so frustrated when creating online accounts. Some sites require a username and a password and then won't let you use the username or password you choose. If they consider your email in the...

Electric connection
Kind of hard to describe what I'm looking for here. I think on RVs and 5th wheels, and I know on the 'beer wagon' get from the distributor for our church festival, there is a...
38
38

When to remove painter's tape?
Hi All, I'm about to start painting my bathroom. I covered the door trim and baseboard with the blue painter's tape. Last time, I pulled up the blue tape minutes after the second coat of...
16
16

Champion toilet
I have a champion toilet with a leaky flush valve. The toilet is less than a year old. I have another champion toilet that I got a few years ago and it leaked after I got it too. I had to get new...
11
11

Hot water in toilets and urinals - commercial bldg.
I work in a 4 story building with standard commercial toilets and urinals. For some reason when the valve for the spray arm is left on in the kitchen the toilets and urinals get supplied with hot...
23
23

Hunter Digital A/C Thermostat Install Guide
I was getting really tired of our old Honeywell analog thermostat and how inaccurate it had become over the years. It was very difficult to consistently set the temperature. So I replaced it with a...
3
3

GE Quite Partner II DW - not draining water after wash completes
My DW isn't draining the water after the washer/dry has completed. I've already checked the black rubber drain hose under the machine to make sure it isn't clogged. Does anyone have any...
4
4

OT and further to cutting hole in glass bottle!!!
With my apology for OT. I have a section of the shore portion of the first Transatlantic 'Telephone' cable (Not Cyrus Fields 1850s 'Telegraph' cable) that went into operation in 1956...
7
7