Subject Author Posted Replies

Pressure regulation
My friend has a problem getting blasted by hot or cold water when he is taking a shower and someone turns on the water elsewhere in his house. Curb pressure is about 100 PSI and regulator takes it...
7
7

How to remove a self-stick wall dispenser
I have put up a wall dispenser that dispenses hand soap...It has self-stick adhesive on the back. I would like to take it down doing as little damamge to the wall/paint as possible. Any suggestions?...
4
4

how would you fix this gutter problem?
See photos at: house is pretty old, built in the late 1800's. Over time, the back of the house (as well as our neighbors') has subsided a bit. Hasn't caused any foundation problems, but it...
9
9

Another "real estate sale" picture
This one is probably the result of the homeowner's actions. Pic http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/epic-fail-portico-fail.jpg
3
3

HELP
The formica vanity/sink in bathroom has seperated from wall, from 1/4" to about 1/2" space. What to do?
13
13

Chasing away/killing critters digging holes in our yard
This year we noticed a number of animal holes in our yard (we live in a near city suburb). I think they are squirrel holes. The holes are ugly and mess up the lawn. I wouldn't mind killing them or...
26
26

So many levels of wrong...
"[FLORIDA] A large nest of carpenter ants near an electrical outlet sparked a Daytona Beach house fire this morning that killed several cats [nine]..." Thirty-six cats, however, were saved. No report...
20
20

Lowes vs Lumber Yard Price
Just an isolated example: Lowes 1-lb electro galv roofing nails 3.33. Local lumber yard 2.79. Same brand and all. Now at the "Building Supply" place where I had to get matching replacement siding...
28
28

restoring easy glide to vinyl windows
What's the best way to restore easy glide operation to ten year old vinyl windows that have become diffucult to open and close? Best, Christopher
5
5

Wiring Humidifier to furnace
Last year I installed an Aprilaire 600 humidifier on my 30 yr old oil/hotair furnace. Smacked myself for not doing it 20 yrs ago- It didn't cost much more than one of the dozen or so portable...
12
12

Lawnmower confusion
I have a 6.75hp Craftsman lawnmower with a Techumsa engine and my son has a 4.5hp Craftsman lawnmower with a Briggs and Stratton engine. I just cut my son's very tall, thick lawn (3 weeks of rainy...
19
19

Math question
How do I figure the area of a pool from the perimeter? It is a kidney shaped (exaggerated) pool. Steve
91
91

crawlspace french drain: hug the wall?
I want to have crawlspace drainage installed. My crawlspace is approximately a rectangle with some protrusion (e.g. a dining nook). When making crawlspace french drain, is it better for the drain to...
4
4

Cultured marble counters with integral sink
The sinks in my four cultured marble counter tops are really showing their age after sixteen years. Having recently retired, I have a lot more time on my hands than money, so I'm wondering if it...
1
1

Need advice on installing a pre-hung door.
I plan to install a door this weekend into an opening the correct width. The plan is to stain and varnish the door. 1. Should I install the door and then take the door off and lay it on carpeted...
7
7