Subject Author Posted Replies

how hot should an piston air compressor get
My old Monkey Wards 2 piston, single stage, 6 gallon (guessing), 1 hp, 120V air compressor runs as hot as 180 degrees on the cylinder head when I'm using it a lot. Is that a normal temperature for...
9
9

CPVC vs Copper
I'm going to be doing some plumbing, never worked with CPVC, and wanted opinions on it. Putting in a water softener. All plumbing will be on the cold supply side. I have existing copper 3/4". Will...
18
18

Bosch Dishwasher won't fill
Greetings all. My 7 year old Bosch SHU3035UC/UC12 stopped filling with water the other day. It powers through all the cycles and SOUNDS like its working, but when I open the door mid-cylce, no...
9
9

first alert talking smoke alarms
After the previous thread, I picked up a couple of these, they seem quite well designed overall, the tri-tone is about 500hz and my 85yo mother can hear them quite well - BUT she cannot hear the...
4
4

Problem with well not delivering water
This weekend we did a shock on our ~350' well to address some iron bacteria issues. Followed instructions carefully, adding measured amount of bleach and recirculating well water via garden hose...
25
25

Electric Range Wiring
Hi; I had a gas range in my kitchen. I want to install an electric range. Should I use 6 gauge or 8 gauge wiring? Thanks Pat
8
8

Collapsed Dryer Vent
I looked through my dryers exit vent from the outside and saw no connection to it. All I saw was a water pipe. How would I be able to re-connect my vent?
8
8

Lawn Mower Sounds Like it's Going to Stall ( but doesn't )
Have a Craftsman gas push mower that I just bought at the beginning of this summer. Suddenly the last two times I have used it it sounds like it's going to stall although it never does. It hums...
12
12

Any downside to turning water off at empty property?
My tenants left and my rental property is now for sale. To keep costs down I want to turn off the water for the winter. Any downsides to this? Do I need to do anything special with the gas water...
16
16

Generator wiring options
I am picking up a 5000w cont. / 6500w surge generator which should be more than enough for my needs. I want to keep the refrigerator, 240v water pump, the oil boiler circualtors, and a few lights at...
41
41

desk finishing question
I recently built a office desk out of red oak with raised panels on the front and sides. My question revolves around the finishing of the desk. I've noticed slight variations in the wood tones and...
3
3

bathroom fan not responding to a switch
Thanks everybody for the help with my flex conduit issues. The piece of string to measure the flex worked great. I have no idea what kind of connectors I used...some homedept special emt?->rigid...
17
17

Follow up on deck I posted about.
FOLLOW-up on deck. Over the last couple years I asked questions here about building a deck that could be partially disassembled (to build something undderneat) and I've thought and maybe posted...
2
2

Assembling formixa countertop
For some reaon, I bought a new countertop at HD or Lowes, in two pieces (rather than order it precut). I need some way to hold it in place while I glue the two main pieces together. I thought I could...
4
4

Which wood is treated?
I've been assuming that if some wood from my old deck had rotted some and the other wood is has rotted not at all, the rotted wood was not treated. Is that right? Specifically, the 30 year old...
5
5