Oversized New Work Electrical Box

Does anyone know of an over-sized, single-gang, new work, electrical box? The standard ones with the swing out tabs are too small. The guy who re-sided my house with Hardiplank cut the opening for the outside outlet too large. I'm trying to avoid having to replace the piece of Hardiplank.

Reply to
mcp6453

I goggled that and came up with nothing, you could oversize it some more and go with a 2 gang

Reply to
Eric in North TX

How much too big? You might be able to use a Bell box if you can figure out how to support it.

Reply to
gfretwell

*Without seeing it I can't advise what the best way to go is, but Arlington Industries does make oversized boxes for outdoor receptacles. Check here:
John Grabowski

Here's horizontal:

John Grabowski

Maybe I'm showing my ignorance, but aren't boxes with swing out tabs used in remodeling, not new-work, Just asking..

Rob

Reply to
rlz

horizontal:

Maybe I'm showing my ignorance, but aren't boxes with swing out tabs used in remodeling, not new-work, Just asking..

Rob

You are correct, the OP probably just mis spoke, wrote, typed

Reply to
RBM

horizontal:

You're correct. I definitely meant old work. My intentions were honorable.

Reply to
mcp6453