Subject Author Posted Replies

Save money
On reconditioned power tools from Amazon. example, the WeedEater SST25, regularly $69.00, can be had for the ridiculous price of $65.99 ! Seriously, though, most of the other stuff is worth a look....

Dealing with the concrete backer board/drywall butt joint
Hi all: Pretty soon I'll start putting up the concrete backer board for a tub surround, with the rest of the bathroom covered with drywall. The backer boards' edges aren't tapered and as...
4
4

Oven not lighting up, need help.
Hopfully someone here can shed some light on this. I have an Avanti 24" gas stove with electronic ignition. This oven, unlike most oven's I've seen, does not use a glow bar to ignite, but rather the...
23
23

WATER/AIR HYDRONIC SYSTEM WITH HEAT-PUMP
I've been designing and working on this for over a year and have a home that facilitates experimentation fairly easy. The system design so far: 4 Ton RUUD Air Handler factory equipped with R-410A...

Turn thermostat down or leave steady?
Please forgive me while I troll for a moment..... Is it energy saving to turn the thermostat down, when leaving the house? I mean, the furnace has to run to catch up when I get home. I have a way of...
107
107

Getting rid of the neighbor cats
Any suggestions besides trapping and drowning or shooting the little pieces of sh*t that poop in my garden and pee in my carport? I'm considering getting one of the "havahart" electric fence jobs...
143
143

Rust or combustion deposits?
What am I likely to find inside the oil furnace flue collector and heat transfer tubes, rust or the products of combustion? When I took off the metal box that connects my furnace to the flue, because...
4
4

Truss support
I have a pole barn with pre-built trusses on 2 foot centers. I would like to put a loft at one end to increase my storage. Is it possible to reinforce the rafter so that I could remove parts of the...
8
8

Rug Backing on Bath Floor
I currently need to get a bath painted and freshened that had the bath rugs stuck to the floor. The backing has come off crumbly and remained on the linoleum (sp?). I might believe the folks who have...
4
4

AMERICAN STANDARD Energy Star Certification?
I am wondering if anyone in this group has had any experience with my situation or has any info on this problem.: I just bought and had installed an American Standard Triumph 16 (16SEER) combo...
6
6

I m new here
Hi guys, i m new here in this forum. Hope to enjoy. ------------------------------------- Fernando Monzo
5
5

Reefer/Freezer in Garage?
I now have a reefer with freezer and a separate upright freezer in my partially heated/insulated garage. I try to keep the temperature in cold weather at 50-60 degrees. Will they work okay? Thanks...
20
20

Nasty no trespassing signs
Where can I find some to the point nasty no trespassing signs? We are getting prowlers and burglaries during the daytime at very rural properties. I hope word has gotten out that I'm a crazy ole...
112
112

OT Saving $
I've known of at least a few people who have. Works fine, from all reports I've read. It's essential to take the full ten days of medication. Even if you feel better in two or three days. Since...
1
1

Fascia Board replacement
Curious to know what others do when you have a 10/12' fascia board and only 0+ to maybe 24" is rotted on end or joint. This assumes the rest of it is in very very good shape and replacing the...
9
9