Subject Author Posted Replies

Suspended Drywall Ceiling
Hi, I have an idea for my basement ceiling and was wondering if anyone has done something similar. I want access to the wires, pipes etc in the basement ceiling and do not want to use the typical...
27
27

Glass Break Detector
The glass break detector has the capacity to detect glass breakages. It has a built-in transmitter to send an alarm signal, and has a built in back up battery. Specification: Dimension : Round = 3.4...
2
2

Chemicals?
Hello, Often I see several substances such as cleaners, fertilizers, pestisides etc. all have the same ingredients but go under a different that we are charged based on the application...IE: my...
6
6

The Kitchen Sink
howdy all, I'm about to have a new stainless steel sink installed, the old one is stainless also. On the bottom of the old sink it looks like it was covered with the same material used as...
12
12

water pressure too high
The water pressure coming into the house from the street is about 100 psi, if not higher. This causes a problem in our bathtub/shower unit. Our tub has individual H/C valves that feed into the tub and...
15
15

Regular drywall in bathroom
Hi, Don't have a sheet of purple board when I need one. Will I have problems if I use regular drywall, but coat it with a pretty good primer? Thanks, Aaron
4
4

Do you get what you pay for?
Awl -- Rather than a harangue, let me just post some numbers, from the Dec. Consumer Reports on Ranges I just got. The first number is the price, the second number is CR's score For 30" dual fuel...
14
14

OT issues vs. problems??
I noticed some years ago that the word "problem" seems to have fallen out of favor and dropped from the popular lexicon. There are very few (if any) problems now, just "issues". Did anyone else notice...
37
37

Garage door handles - inside knob
I have two garage doors in my garage, one has a garage door opener and the other is hand operated. The hand operated inside knob broke and, being of white metal casting, could not be repaired. I took...
11
11

Water Pressure Issue
I recently had a pipe break in my powder room downstairs. The pipe was fixed rather quickly. This room is being renovated now, so there is no running water in there. However, we are experiencing mild...
22
22

Well pump issue - NO WATER!
Hello I want to post an experience that I just had with having no water and gather some opinions from others on what they think about it. I live in a 7 year old home. The well was dug 430 feet deep....
24
24

Harbor Freight Online Coupons 11/9-11/15
For those having online coupon difficulty. TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL
4
4

Messy bathrom ceiling
Pro painters: I have a ceiling that was obviously painted without primer. The paint is peeling off, but of course, the peeling is very spotty. I have scraped what I can, but before I prime and...
7
7

Photocell/Bulkhead problem
I bought the 100W Bulkhead with photocell, code 83449 from Fitted no problem, but as it goes dark in the alleyway the light flickers for over 1 hour before fully going on. Is their a problem with the...
1
1

Does soldering violate electrical codes?
Awl -- Does soldering #12 or #14 wires before placing a wire nut on them violate any codes? Can soldering + electrical tape (or bug tape) *substitute* for a wire nut? Ditto with thicker wires and...
18
18