Subject Author Posted Replies

Leaking faucet (arrrgh!)
I have a single-handle Peerless faucet in my kitchen. It has a persistent drip that I've attempted to fix a couple times. The drip is out of the faucet end (aerator) itself, not from around the...
6
6

"DC Company that repaired Gray's house lacked license"
business as usual in Washington, D.C. Company that repaired Gray's house lacked license Jeffrey Anderson THE WASHINGTON TIMES The politically connected company that arranged for a home renovation...

will this work?
Not sure where I stand on this one. I have a labelled 3/4" water meter. My line to the barn is 1". Can I use that meter with it OK? I would think that flow would easily be handled with a 1/2" line.
2
2

composting gutter debris
I just cleaned the gutters of the house we bought last year, and there was ~1" of a sandy dirty debris in the bottom of the gutters. It looked like some dirt mixed with the sandy/pebbly offal from the...
2
2

Old Stanley Garage Door Opener
Model 2000.05, from maybe 1984. I push the button on the wall or the remote and the motor starts opening or closing but stops dead in about a second. I know, I know, the safety/reverse switch. Turned...
22
22

Request for advice on sanders to prep for paint
I'd like to ask for advice on purchasing a sander that will help us on some home projects. We're doing a lot of painting in two houses to just change the look of a few rooms, take out of...
6
6

Hinge Pin Locks
Does anyone know where to get hinge pin locks? Or hinges with locking pins? This would be for an exterior door that opens out leaving the hinge pins accessible when the door is locked. I have searched...
13
13

How to 'Flush' a countertop
My galley kitchen (posted pics in another thread) has an L shaped bar with cabinets on the bottom. In my remod I want to cut the raised bar off and make the countertop flush. What's the best way...
2
2

grinding concrete question
I need to grind an apron or slope area across a garage door opening. The opening originally had storefront glass in it, so the edge of the slab is flat. I'm wanting to go about an inch deep at the...
15
15

Standard + 1/16" flooring
Hi, I live in an older home with top nailed 2"x5/16" red oak floors. I need to replace a few boards. EXCEPT my boards are 2 1/16"! Do I have a chance of finding boards like that somewhere? I have...
7
7

Septic System Issues
Tonight while the water softener was flushing itself out, it overflowed. This is not the first time this has happened, so we didn't think anything of it, we watched the water pour into the sump,...
13
13

What a mess
Thank God for a big shovel and huge trash bags. Just got through tearing out the ceiling in the upstairs bedroom I'm remodeling. My father-in-law did this upstairs addition back in the mid...
10
10

Seam between wall tile and bathtub
What kind of material should I put into the seam between wall tile and bathtub ? My contractor used just wall tile grout, but it is getting very wet, and darkens.
7
7

water meter
I'd like to use a "used water meter". These are the type with dial indicator window on top. Does anyone know if I can put a used meter in the line to the house and will it work correctly?
7
7

Laziness!
Replaced the last couple receptacles upstairs before starting to clean up for the holidays. Found a recep in the master bedroom, right next to the access panel for the bathroom plumbing. Ground was...
14
14