Subject Author Posted Replies

Drywall repair help needed
I would greatly appreciate it if someone could look at the pictures I have posted on photobucket and suggest how I can fix my problem. I have added descriptions to each picture to explain the problem....
5
5

OT: Neighbors Car Runnin' Rough He Says
Asks to borrow a 1/2" drive extension so he gan get some torque. Says he got a plug stuck half way out. Returns with extension and plug. Just had to snap some pics and share:-)
35
35

Block splitter is finished
I think it looks mighty fine for something cobbled together in a day. It works great. What do you think? Explore deserttraveler's 12 photos on Flickr!
14
14

Plumbing Question - Clothes Washer
I'd like to install a second clothes washer in the basement my 22 year old house in the Greater Toronto Area. The washer will go in the furnace room and I'm planning on running the drain into the...
9
9

Non-yellowing solar post caps?
Hi all, I had solar post caps installed on the posts of my deck just a little over a year ago. I don't really know where the contractor got them and what brand they are. Looks like they might have...
6
6

is it the same?
I'm seeing pipe which measure 1.25" outer diameter. Is this the same as what I call 1" pipe?
10
10

concrete ceiling and condensation
hi all and thanks in advance. We have an outhouse with a concrete ceiling and a single brick wall (joining onto the main house) i have sealed the walls and put some phenolic insulation board 30mm foil...
5
5

Evil kid
I remember back when I was a little kid I used to play gas station with the water hose and the oil filler tube. I know I watered many places, neighbors, relatives. Seems the garden hose and the oil...
15
15

Building TV Wall Mount
I'm looking to buy a new LCD TV (42" to 50", haven't quite decided yet), and I know enough not to buy accessories from the local electronics store (Don't get me started on HDMI cables...). So, I'm...
20
20

How much oil in a buried tank
This may not be answerable. Have replaced oil with natural gas. Oil tank is buried, and is about 50 years old. Have agreed with city government over foam fill of M.T. tank as acceptable means of...
28
28

Block cracking
I have about six tons of "Windsor Wall" blocks, plus a few tons of pavers I have to set. The "Windsor Wall" blocks are about 12" wide, 6" deep and 6" tall. There is a lip on one edge so one can stack...
3
3

Drywall Taping Question
When you have a joint where neither edge of the drywall is a tapered edge, do you use joint tape? I always have a problem finishing those joints off to look good. The combination of the tape and the...
6
6

Kitchen Renovation - Now Pipes Shudder
We just had some kitchen renovation done, adding lighting cans to the ceiling. The contractor had to reroute some of the waterlines that were run up there to make room for the lighting fixtures. Only...
11
11

Old Frigidaire Range/Oven
My dad has a Frigidaire Compact 30 range/oven. The range top works fine. The oven elements only get slightly warm, regardless of the setting. We've checked the fuse box (yes, fuses, not breakers) and...
7
7

Air compressor hose size
I've often wondered how much of the "energy" is getting lost thru pressure drop in the hose from my air compressor to the tool. Plus the thru hole in the fittings is pretty small. Yet none of the...
8
8