Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Parking lots reveal patrons
Some may recall that I've been approached twice in Home Depot parking lots by what I though were would-be muggers. After I unholstered my gun they both came up with complicated but believable excuses...
12
12

Dewalt DPH3100 washer
Can someone comment on any known issues with pressure washer made by Dewalt, model DPH3100 Have an opportunity to purchase locally at a nice discount but wanted to ask first in case some known recalls...

More 20% Harbor Fright coupons
??? have a few items not included on the others. Just look through all of them. http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/common/displayPage.do?pageFile=magurl3.html...
1
1

Copper corrosion on outside of pipes
My bath/shower drywall was recently tore out - builder installed tiles directly onto drywall. Well it rotted out and created a mold farm. I tore out all the old drywall and the copper pipes are green...
13
13

is pex piping close to outside wall a good idea in a cold climate?
Hi. I live in Minneapolis and just bought a new house. On the first cold winter night, no water came out of the upstairs bathroom cold faucet. The pipe, I discovered, is really close to an outside...
12
12

Pex tubing
Is pex good to run underground 200 feet to a garage?
8
8

Stall Shower vs Big Vanity
House has 1 1/2 baths. The main one is small (11x5) and has a stall shower and separate tub. One way or another the bathroom is going to get redone. I wouldn't have a problem using the tub as a shower...
35
35

Band saw cutting question
This is a question for those knowledgable about bandsaws. I have a Ryobi 9" bandsaw, BS903 (I think...). I comes with a 1/4" blade. I'm trying to do a straight cut through a piece of weed that is 2"...
14
14

Expert Village A very good site to pickup DIY info
a very good site to pickup DIY info. My favorite tutorial
1
1

Tom Silva
You may have a differing opinion, but Tom Silva on "Ask This Old House" is absolutely amazing. He really motivates me to want to learn about home repairs and such.
3
3

Santa Claus Called
Santa called to ask what tools I want for Christmas. He said they have to be $100 or less. He already knows that I'm just a neophyte handyman. I thought about telling him to bring me a Kreg pocket...
7
7

Yard Hydrant will not drain down
I have a yard hydrant in my barn and it began dripping all the time this past summer. In fall I replaced all the internal parts with a repair kit, this includes the rubber stopper on the bottom of the...
2
2

Harbor Freight Tools
Are Harbour Freight Tools ok to buy or are they JUNK ? I see the Multi Tool That is advertised on tv for around $120.00 at Harbor freight for $39.99
50
50

Sump pumps -- GFCI required?
I have a sump pump in an unfinished basement. It is on a dedicated 15-amp 120-volt circuit, the outlet/receptacle is on the ceiling, and it is a duplex GFCI receptacle. The sump pump failed because...
91
91

Rethinking "Made in China"
This post is aimed at all you sinophobes out there. I'm getting a little tired of hearing the complaint "___ is a piece of shit: what do you expect? It's made in China!". Now it is true that a lot of...
322
322