Subject Author Posted Replies

box fill calcs - am I doing this right?
Am trying to properly plan attack on wiring... want to use fan rated boxes for ceiling boxes in 2 (eventually 3) bedrooms from this site: like a 2-1/8" deep octagon box is 21.5 in^2 cable coming in =...
9
9

Hitachi tools ?
I've never owned this brand before. While looking for another tool I found a "12-Volt 1/4" Cordless Impact Driver" for $100.00 off at the Lowe's website. The driver is now $99.00 online* It has more...
5
5

NM cable clamp question
I'm putting fan rated ceiling boxes in the bedrooms of my house since I need to replace them anyway (see other thread) The boxes that I can find do not have cable clamps built in but round knockouts...
8
8

Cold air return
When changing my furnace filter I looked inside the cold air return and noticed it was very dirty inside. I want to vacuum it out but the filter slot is to small to get the hose of the vacuum in it. I...
12
12

How to convert old NuTone Intercom IM-4006 cassette to iPod
Does anyone know how to convert an old NuTone IM 4006 from playing cassette tapes to playing iPod music instead?
24
24

Quiz in Civil Engineering
Dear Friends I found lot of quizes in different areas of civil engineering which would be useful for you and other civil engineers. If you think so please visit the following pages containing these...
3
3

Intro and bifold door question
Hello all, I am a newbie to the group, relatively new homeowner of a relatively old home (late 1800s). I'm not an especially skilled DIY'er, but not a complete idiot, either. Needless to say, with an...
18
18

Where to store left over bricks
My dad has a 25 year old home for which he has saved some 250 brick from the original construction. He wants to get rid of them after all this time to make room for whatever. I think it is a shame to...
28
28

Cannot remove old shower head from pipe
I want to replace my old shower head with a new hand-held shower head. The problem is, the old shower head won't come off. I've tried using a wrench and turning counterclockwise, but it won't budge. I...
23
23

Polybutylene plumbing
I have shutoff valves that are now heavily corroded and do not fully shut-off. My home was built in '92. While researching how to remove the "crimped" on valves, I found several older posts about...
17
17

Bath vanity drain pipe - glued or screwed?
I'm trying to remove my vanity cabinet but the center pipe (drain) won't budge by hand. Is this glued? It has grips on it like it would be screwed on. I can't get the vanity cabinet out with this on...
2
2

Water Heater
Lately my hot water cools down before I'm finished showering. It never used to do this. Wondering if it is a symptom of a fading element. The heater is a 30gal Ruud Pacemaker Ruudglass but can only...
30
30

remove ceiling "popcorn" from sandblasted glass?
We have an exterior entry door with several leaded glass panels - the leaded glass is sandblasted - the glass panels picked up some overspray when we were having the entryway area remodeled - we'll be...
27
27

Jado multi purpose shower head problem- could apply to all multipurpose shower heads
i have a jado multipurpose shower head.. This question could apply to all multipurpose shower heads. There are 3 settings. when I put the massage setting it works for a few seconds then stops...
2
2

Laying a brick walkway and driveway
Looking for DIY videos on laying brick for a walkway and a driveway. Dick
1
1