Subject Author Posted Replies

oven temp sensor not working properly (I think)
We have a ~9 yr old Kenmore gas oven/range (runs on propane actually), and the oven temperature sensor appears to be flakey (the actual temperature in the oven is definitely flakey). The oven has a...
9
9

Can a breaker partially fail?
I had a double 40-Amp breaker running a Range, and a Dryer. The dryer stopped heating (but kept tumbling), we replaced it, and the new dryer said "Voltage problem" I checked the plug/line, and I'm...
16
16

Need help deciding which attic ladder to buy
As the subject states, here are 2 that I saw at the local home centers: Werner AL2210 300lb rating $195 at Lowes. AA229GS 350lb rating $159 at Home Depot. only difference I can tell is the Louisville...
15
15

Sticky Tiles
Friend had a neighbor handyman lay ceramic tiles (not shiny) in family room. He then put silicone on and mineral oil(??) Tiles are now sticky. What to do?? TIA Lou
14
14

Circuit Decoding?
I'm trying to determine which circuits are controlled by which circuit breakers on a sub-division home built in Southern California in 1980. I want to minimize the process of shutting off one circuit...
12
12

How to remove a Symmons shower faucet TA-25B shower faucet volume control spindle
Does anyone have removal instructions for a Symmons TA-25B shower faucet volume control spindle?
3
3

Does a House's LEVEL Change, Day to Day?
I'm getting ready to set some ceramic tiles on my kitchen wall for a backsplash. A few days ago I screwed a couple of very straight 5' steel bars end to end horizontally along the wall studs, to serve...
19
19

what's it called?
The track for sliding glass doors, like the locking doors on the back of a jewelry store display case. I am looking for a double track, one that will allow two panes of plexiglass to slide past each...
17
17

Load Snow Blower into SUV
Any suggestions on a ramp solution to load a snow blower into an SUV? At 170 pounds I'm just not up to picking it up, hahahaha. I've verified it will fit with the handle collapsed and the blower chute...
33
33

Whats your opinion of this low cost compact Solar Water Heater Collector please ?
rolls come in 60' rolls which makes it easy and compact to build a Solar Collector around. I reckon one roll would provide enough hot water for a 40 gallon water heater in FLorida...but another roll...
12
12

OT - Anybody in the Northest? Digging?
Talking to my Main Squeeze in northern VT. Over 2 ft and that was only as of midnight last night. What? No $*&@* snowblower posts :-)
6
6

Re-Grout OVER Grout Sealer?????
We have a kitchen floor done new with 12" X 12" tile and we're really happy with the work with one exception, the grout lines. We're finding we didn't leave the grout line high enough between the...
3
3

What's the current sweet spot (price/performance) for led lighting.
The previous thread got WAY off track on mercury poisoning. I want to hear about LED lighting ONLY.
17
17

Square aluminum tubing 1/4" x 1/4" x 3 or 4 feet.
I need a piece of Square aluminum or steel tubing, 1/4" x 1/4" x 3 or 4 feet. There used to be a web retailer, Metal Express, that did nothing but sell various kinds of metal, rods, screws, angle...
22
22

Moen Tub Cartridge Help
Hi - I need to replace a Moen Tub cartridge. I removed it and took it to the hardware store. I was first disappointed, then, pleased, and now confused. The fellow at the hardware store asked why I...
9
9