Subject Author Posted Replies

Silestone Counter Tops
For those of you with silestone counter tops, what are the pros and cons? What you get it again? Thanks. Kate
9
9

How to hide the repairs made on a driveway?
Last year I patched my driveway using cold asphalt and other products then I put a water base sealer and my driveway looks awful. Is there a sealer dark or thick enough to hide the many repairs on a...
1
1

Looking for a shower head arm
The old shower arm has developed a crack and it's weeping water and getting worse. I have to replace it before it damages the wall. I got it unscrewed easily, but what I found wasn't what I was...
11
11

Cheap breathing apparatus
I was thinking it should be easy to find some $40 fan/pump that would deliver low-pressure air from a clean air location, via hose, to a mask. Not so. They all seem to want many hundreds of dollars....
20
20

Poison Oak: How to get the black lines off your clothes
Do you know a good remedy to get the poison oak black lines off jeans? Every time I walk through the brush, I get poison oak resin on my clothes. That's not a big deal as I'm not allergic to urushiol...
4
4

How to Stop Fence from Leaning ?
Hi, I have a privacy fence at ground level, that gets a lot of wind. It has started to lean. I have placed a heavy piece of outdoor furniture next to it, but it gets moved over eventually, and leans...
24
24

Cost to replace part of wood deck ?
Hi, One side of my deck blew completely off in high winds a few days ago. It was a privacy screen made of wood. One side of the deck is now entirely open. I may have a work man rebuild the screen, or...
3
3

Garage Door Water Sealing: How
Hello, Have a sloping driveway, and, of course, heavy rain water always comes into the garage. Was wondering if anyone makes a rubber strip, or something similar, that can be fastened to the area...
15
15

shrink wrap storm windows?
Has anybody had any experience with using those shrink wrap polyolefin interior storm windows? Either the DIY style, like the commercial types, like one of many similar products out there.
9
9

Plaster terminology question
Hi everyone, I have a question that I'm hoping someone here might be able to help me out on. We own a house that was built in the early 1920's. I am trying to figure out the name of the plastering...
3
3

Paint can tip
Whenever I open up a gallon paint can, I take a drywall screw and punch about a dozen holes in the recess of the lip the lid goes into. This keeps the depression from filling with paint, as it will...
19
19

Thanks for Barkeeper's Friend on Rusty Tile suggestion
Some time ago, I posted a question about how to get a rust stain out of white tile (these white tile floors will be the death of me...). I've forgotten who suggested Barkeeper's Friend, but I wanted...
2
2

Lost water pressure? ? ?
We live in a six-unit apartment building, three identical units stacked on each side. We were among the hardest hit cities by the February snow storms and got a fair amount of damage. During the...
12
12

Painting Question- sheetrock walls that were covered with wallpaper
Hi, I am in the process of painting a room(note: these walls are sheetrock) that the walls were covered with wallpaper. I already removed the wallpaper but noticed that the walls are not all smooth....
8
8

Question about my water well
I moved into a rural home which has a water well. I have no info at all on what type of pump is in the well, or its age. All I do know is that it is submersible, and it produces 15 GPM. The well guy...
14
14