Subject Author Posted Replies

OT A tale of two webpages, both from the same city
OT A tale of two webpages, both from Baltimore City school staff, students isolated after thermometer break More than a dozen held on concerns of mercury exposure Associated Press 9:47 p.m. EDT, May...
34
34

OT Want to buy a 40 inch LCD 1080p TV? The price is a secret
Bring it to the counter and we will tell you how much it cost.
7
7

Sleep Better with a Firm Mattress and Adjustable Bed
Whenever I went to bed, I usually found myself spending a few minutes to get into the right position before I finally got to sleep. Eventually, I thought of getting an adjustable bed. So I searched...

staple gun for Romex?
anyone recommend one? Got to staple some wires that are run along joists hidden under a whole mess of insulation, rather than pull it all up to use a hammer I thought I'd try one of those staple guns...
6
6

Washer pan
I just bought a new home with a second floor laundry. I want to put in a drain pan for the washer. I see from the previous owner that the pike in the floor is below the floor & it looks like a piece...
8
8

Can't lock window
I have a single hung window that will not lock. When i try to lock it the sliding lock just misses the grove in the window where it locks. If i tilt out the lower sash like to clean the window & tilt...
3
3

More education desired on concrete driveway spalling
So I live in Michigan ..snow/ice 4 to 5 months/year. My newly re-made from-the-ground-up driveway is about 4-years old and has noticeable spalling. Can that be "resurfaced"? Would that be just a 'skim...
1
1

Kenmore Diswasher will not fill
Hi My Kenmore Dishwahser 665-1563900 will not fill. I disconnected the pipe and there is watter getting to it from the house. and the dishwasher acts like its getting water. thanks for any suggestions
5
5

The Problem with Kitchen Islands
I didn't want to hijack another thread for this so: Counters should be next to your fridge (to get stuff out), next to the range, and on both sides of the sink. A countertop on an island in isolation...
27
27

Electrical code Q
In my basement, the main service panel is on one side of the house and they had to run about 25 ft through the joists to tie the ground into a copper water line. I need to add a couple of circuits in...
24
24

Craftmatic Adjustable Beds are the Ultimate Patient Beds
I would like to say a very big thank you for my Craftmatic bed. It has improved on my chronic back pain, spasms and asthma. It has helped me to sleep at night. It is very comfortable. I also use it...
7
7

filling a gap
i need to fill a gap(vertical) that is about an inch wide in a brick retaining wall. is there a caulk type product that would work for such a large gap? thanks, cj
4
4

OT - Posted (but not approved) to a recycle list
I sent this to a free recycle list. The post was rejected. =================================== Offered: Surplus crude oil left over from a drilling operation. New surplus. This isn't used or old throw...
3
3

"Grommet" for granite counter top hole
I want to drill a hole in my granite island counter to fit a electrical plug for a tv permanently left on the island. I know how to do that, but I want one of those stainless steel (preferably...
13
13

Turning off water main: shutdown water heater first?
I want to turn off my water main to repair an outside faucet. Do I have to shutdown the water heater first? And after I turn the water back on, do I have to do something to "reboot" the water heater?
24
24