Subject Author Posted Replies

Very Small Engine Repair
I have a small tiller I bought second had - 4 stroke. It ran well the first year and then it developed a small problem. I can start it (fresh gas, clean oil), but as soon as I pull on the throttle it...
20
20

Vacuum Cleaner Problem
On the advice of Consumer Reports and others, I purchased a Hoover U5140-900 vacuum cleaner a couple of years ago. As of today, it has broken two belts. My daughter had it in her apartment at college,...
5
5

An Introductory Primer on Hydraulics?
I'm looking some something like a dummies book or even less that deals with some of the simpler (maybe) concepts of hydraulics. Maybe something like hydraulics for plumbers or gardeners. Maybe...
6
6

I lost the thread about lawn care
OK, it's that time again. God and Grass! GOD: Frank, you know all about gardens and nature. What in the world is going on down there on that planet? What happened to the dandelions, violets, thistle...

Cost to run central A/C
I'm trying to figure the cost of running the central AC in my house. Inside was fairly easy, a 1/2hp fan motor. Outside the numbers on the plate from the factory are long gone. I found on the fan...
45
45

DuPont Teflon Multi-Use Lubricant?
noticed they have that at the local hardware megastore. Will it work well in in-line skate or skateboard bearings? Would be nice to have a lubricant that is waterproof and will not attract dirt/grime...
12
12

Building new wall.
Before i screw the studs together should i drill a pilot hole for the 3" screws & if so how deep do i make the pilot hole ?
10
10

liquid silicone?
Does anyone sell liquid silicone that is just in a bottle, not a spray can? Reason I ask is, I have been in the habit of using silicone on my car's door gaskets, but only have it in two forms - first,...
21
21

New a new refrigerator - any recommendations?
Our 17 cu. ft. refrigerator has finally gotten to the point where I can't find parts or keep it alive any longer and since older units are not very energy efficient, I have decided it's time for...
54
54

Reverse Osmosis Systems
Pure Aqua, Inc. is a leading manufacturer and wholesale distributor of Reverse Osmosis Systems, and Components, both for industrial and commercial applications. Pure Aqua Products have earned an...
2
2

Fire extinguisher safety training
In these current times in, it is nice to know that many workplaces have taken measures to insure the safety of their employee=92s times of an emergency. The law states that employers are required to...

How to space blocks under trailer house
I'm levelling a used trailer house that I bought for storage. I know how to put the blocks under it, which means using solid 4x8x16 blocks against the soil, and stacking concrete blocks under the...
5
5

Oil spill
Ok, what's wrong with this plan to reduce (not stop) the oil from flowing until the relief wells are drilled? They apparently can use a saw to cut the pipe. Apparently the saw blade is such that the...
52
52

Electronic stove ignition
I have a Peerless-Premier 24" compact propane stove in which the electronic burner/oven ignition is inoperative. Looks like wires from on/off valve knobs and to spark thingies between the burners....
2
2

Window Air
Do they make a window air conditioner that doesn't let all the little nit flies through it? I have no leaks around the sides, top or bottom. I also have the space between the sashes covered. The only...
4
4