Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - Source for FXL Projector Bulbs
I need to order some FXL 82V 410W overhead projector bulbs. I can get them here: here: Cousins Video bulbs seem to be Eiko bulbs, while the Divine Lighting bulbs seem to be generic equivalents. The...
6
6

Amature floor installer needs help.
I just bought an older home that needs extensive updating to its floors. I stripped the floors down to the subfloor and found many low-spots believed to be caused by a "settling of the house". So, I...
10
10

Air in well water
I have a house with a well (shallow about 40 feet). The pump (jet pump) is above ground. Recently, I have gotten some air coming out of the faucets (some amounts). Is a sign of a dropping water table...
9
9

1.28 GPF Toilet - Must hold handle down
I just replaced a 1.6 GPF toilet with a American Standard 1.28 GPF toilet. It received a 5 Star (best) flush rating by using a 2-1/8=94 trapway and a 3=94 flush valve. The first thing I noticed is...
35
35

CPVC/PVC plumbing questions
I am running new plumbing lines in the basement of a 3-unit apartment building that I own. The purpose of the re-plumbing is to separate out the water service for each unit. All of the existing...
25
25

OT: Shop Walmart (or HF) - Save the Planet
"... it?s likely that a world run by Walmart would be both richer and cleaner than a world run by Greenpeace." http://blogs.the-american-interest.com/wrm/2010/09/14/save-the-planet-shop-walmart/
105
105

Connecting electrical wires on a central vacuum
Hi ! I have a Kenmore central vacuum (model # 34326), 3 inlet valves on different floors. the inlet valves on the second and third floors are already connected. I need to connect the inlet valve...

OT - Crabs lived in water, Died in my cooler?
This has been bothering me for a few weeks. We went to Ocean City, MD last month and spent a day crabbing with chicken legs and string. We caught enough crabs in a few hours to feed the 6 of us. I...
31
31

Make a dive light out of those free HF LEDs
Thought this looked cool even though I doubt I'll ever be diving deeper than I need to in the hot tub. drill- some mineral oil & a few minutes time. Tested to 60 feet or so. [he showed his depth...
3
3

Will the World be Taken over by Flys?
When everyone is forced to use CFL bulbs, will the world be taken over by Flys? I just love to hear them sizzle when they get behind the reflector of my trouble light with a 100W incandescent bulb....
5
5

Can't find ceramic tile toilet paper holder?
Dear Readers, Redoing my bathroom tile and can't seem to find a ceramic (tile) toilet paper holder at Home Depot. I asked the employee at HD and he said ceramic holders are being phased out and "no...
5
5

SPAM!!! Harbor Freight coupons for sale
TinyURL was created! The following URL: 742 has a length of 63 characters and resulted in the following TinyURL which has a length of 26 characters: Well, at least I'm honest, and label it as spam.
4
4

Expansion joints in concrete - saw cut versus felt
I have received several estimates to install a concrete driveway roughly 90 feet long by 24 feet wide, and also replace a patio roughly 24 by 24 feet in size. 2 of the estimates indicate that control...
2
2

Back-up sump pump battery
I have a four year old battery for the back-up sump pump. Instructions say to change it every three years (yeah I noticed I was behind), however, the lights on the pump itself indicate that the...
17
17

Lightbulb Filament Replacement
Since in a few years incandescent bulbs will become banned, I wonder if anyone will come out with a filament replacement kit for people who want to continue using the old incandescent bulbs? It's just...
51
51