Plastic windshield cleaner (golf cart)

My golf cart plastic windshield has fog like streaks on both sides, in different areas. I used Novus plastic clean and shine, and vinegar and water; neither helped. I never used Windex or a similar product with or without alcohol. Any products/ideas come to mind???

Reply to
shellyf_DELETE_

Windex should be safe. Just test a small area. But, it may need a buffing up if "fog" is erosion. I would look to auto supply area store or like for something used for acrylic automobile lenses.

Reply to
Frank

I used to buff up a plastic watch lens with tooth paste. Abrasive is mild and fine enough not to scratch plastic.

Reply to
Frank

shellyf_DELETE snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Brasso metal polish. Works wonders on all sorts of clear plastics, from watch cyrystals to instrument panel covers to whatever. The more you scrub, the better it works.

Reply to
Tegger

Novus clean and shine only does that, it does not polish. Try a plastic polish, Novus or other brand.

Reply to
Tony Miklos

A picture is worth a thousand words here...

You could have damaged the coating on the plastic during your "cleaning" attempts...

It could be something that can be buffed out with the right compound or it could be something that has chemically reacted with the coating and is now permanent...

~~ Evan

Reply to
Evan

Pick up some convertible plastic rear window cleaner at any autobody supply store.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Thanx, will do

Reply to
shellyf_DELETE_

Motorcyclists with their plastic (lexan) windscreens will tell you to use Lemon Pledge. Pledge will also fill in minor imperfections; it may help with your streaks.

Paper towels should not be used. Instead, use cotton rags which will not abrade the plastic. I use old T shirts.

Avoid glass cleaners. Some types will damage plastic.

Motorcycle shops have various formulations available for windscreens; however, they are expensive.

I have been using Pledge for years on my bikes.

Gary

Reply to
G Mulcaster

Good one.....thanx