Subject Author Posted Replies

kenmore washing machine control problem
I have a Kenmore 60-series washing machine, about 20 years old. Works fine except that the control seems to keep disengaging. This is the kind where you turn the dial to the wash setting you want,...
1
1

duplex outlets
I'd like to replace some of my duplex outlets. I don't need backstab or designer. No GFCI. 15A. I did some looking at the BORG and found Levitons ranging from .59 to $7.95. So I did some looking at...
5
5

OT Newsgroups on Win-7
Sorry for this one more OT. After this, I'll settle down and talk about more interesting stuff, but I really want to thank those who offered help, instead of criticism. I was able to back off Live...
3
3

Vehicle Recall Notice -- 2005 Colorado
The notice reads, " ... may have a condition where contamination in the brake light switch could cause the loss of brake lamps or continuous illumination of the brake lamps. The performance of the...
2
2

Replace Waterbed Mattress With Air?
I hope this isn't OT. My water bed mattress started to leak and I wondered if anyone has replaced their water bed mattress with air and if they think it's more comfortable or less. I found these three...
4
4

Shoddy shed shingling
AFAIK, our shed has been in place for 20 years or so: it was here when we moved in 7 years ago, and I think it predated the previous owners, I had bought new shingles already but hadn't installed them...
29
29

Solar outdoor accent lights
We are currently packing up our outdoor stuff for the winter. Any particular reason to take the outdoor accent lights in for the Duration or can they just stay outside?
3
3

Speaking of Pool Heaters
This is the first year I've been able to use my pool heater in the fall because I got a heater earlier this year (266k BTU Rakpak Nat Gas) capable of heating the pool in a reasonable amount of time. I...
35
35

Excessive Humidity from Crawl Space in the Morning
We have our door to the crawl space in the master closet, which is connected to the master bathroom, which in turn is connected to the master bedroom. Since fall started, we noticed condensation...
3
3

All steel house
I want to build a house out of steel. Every piece welded together. I figure some 1/8" steel plates welded to 2" angle iron in the corners, and reinforced with 1x2" channel at the seams. Everything,...
25
25

Complexity of dyes in kitchen cabinets
Hi, We are getting kitchen cabinets made by a local custom cabinet maker. The total cost of the project is about $20k. We have just asked him whether the two island pieces can be stained with a...
95
95

Experience with Boair 5-stage electrostatic filters?
I'm looking for an upgrade to the pathetically minimal filters that came with my American Standard gas furnace. I like the idea of electostatic because: - They are reusable with simple washing - They...
1
1

OT - How many treaters?
I had 24 trick or treaters, tonight. I didn't keep track, but it was mostly the standard costumes. Jack the ripper, pumpkin face, and so on. One girl maybe 13 or so in a power wheel chair. I offered...
39
39

help in selecting in-ground pool equipment
is there an online forum or some place where I could research equipment experiences of swimming pool owners? Akin to a "consumer reports" for pumps, filters, automatic controllers, salinators, etc I...
12
12

OT (Way off) Newsgroups readers
I sure would appreciate a little advice from some of you more knowledgeable computer users than myself. Recently, I moved to Windows 7. They no longer have Outlook Express - it is now 'Live mail', and...
43
43