Subject Author Posted Replies

Almost fell for this one at Lows Dewalt 18volt Drill
Lows# 185475 Dewalt# Dang, this thing has probably been sitting in a wharehouse for years. NiCd batteries. Dewalt doesn't even list it on their web site.
13
13

OT: What Thanksgiving Means
A Proclamation. The year that is drawing towards its close, has been filled with the blessings of fruitful fields and healthful skies. To these bounties, which are so constantly enjoyed that we are...
11
11

Banks. Anyone out there smart enough to comment
Andy comments: I think you should ask someone at your local Home Depot. Often the sales people there know a great deal about home repair...... ..... or, you could ask someone at a bank. Andy in...
4
4

Wall anchors for fireplace mantle
I am going to my daughters house to re-hang up a cue stick holder on a brick wall. I will also hang a fireplace mantle and she said it is heavy. I have packed my masonary bits. What recommendations...
8
8

Mold question
I have mold under my caulk in my bathroom. I just removed the caulk. Are there any recommendations on something to clean it up with that will stop it from coming back? Also, are there any...
17
17

De-Molding Retro Vinyl Furniture
When it comes to laundering--laundering--upholstered furniture, up to and including every piece of a sleeper sofa, I have done it. I have done it with detergent and a garden hose in 90-degree weather....
3
3

RC beam calculator
A simple calculator for Reinforced concrete beam is available at you can easily calculate the strength of rectangular doubly reinforced concrete beam Please visit the following link for calculating...
3
3

Kerosene -- is there a "stabil" for kerosene?
For emergencies only, I have a still-in-original-box kerosene heater. Emergenceis, lets say, occur only every 5 years. Or 10. So, you want to store a bunch of kerosene for that eventual emergency. But...
30
30

Lighted switches -- any with long-lasting lights?
I keep having to replace the illuminated light switch in one of our bathrooms because the neon soon starts flickering and then gives up altogether. I don't recall what brand, or even whether they were...
32
32

cheap fix for leaking metal roof and wood rot
Hi, I have an old metal roof on an outside porch extension and a tree hit it and caused several leaks. No holes, just a ripple effect. I got some bids for power washing and sealing with a rubberized...

Why Does
Why does Bristol Palin look like a frumpy dumpy woman way older than she is? Kick her off that dancing show, now! She can't dance.
6
6

crawl space insulation
I bought a small 60's house in Atlanta for a rental. I'd like to tighten the thermal envelope and get the best bang for the buck and tackle the weakest links first. There is no underfloor insulation....
11
11

Attic insulation
My attic will be insulated on November 30 of this year. They will blow in 24" of insulation. I have questions about the existing ductwork. (Ductwork is 10 and 12 inch flexible insulated ducts)...
9
9

Palm Nailer
I bought a new Ridgid plam nailer, because a few places I need to add braces between studs there is no elbow room, there is no room and the block wall is to my left, and I am right handed, with copper...
13
13

Darn thieves!
My problem, trying to save taxpayers $ by discouraging thieves. I know what I would do, but working for a State, I have to work with what they give me. Our guardrails have reflectors. The State is...
39
39