J.D. Power - auto insurance ratings

? I posted this last night but it hasn't showed up, so excuse if duplicate. I need to leave my car insurer of 20 years, 21st Century. First they were taken over by AIG "too big to fail",but left them some time after the crash of 2008. Then 21st fell into the vile embrace of Farmers

-- easily the WORST insurer in the business, at least to judge from the overwhelmingly negative reviews on-line. My experience with them has been so bad that I am finally roused from my apathy to change.

A company called AMICA has been voted Best for 10+ years running by J.D. Power.

  1. Is J.D. Power reliable? i.e. influenced by ? or independent.

  1. Anybody used AMICA? Your experience?

TIA

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

I have used American Family for over 30 years. 4 houses and about 15 vehicles ( not at one time). Have had claims on houses and vehicles during this time period. They took care of all fast and to my satisfaction. WW

Reply to
WW

Don't know but I like Erie. If you don't care for megacompanies you will like Erie. Also it is quite refreshing not to get those "dear friend, we need to raise your rates" letters every six months.

George

My ex used them before we got married. Had a few claims. Very satisfied. I recommend USAA if you are eligible.

Reply to
Peter

Actually, my question was only partly about a specific insurer.

I was mostly curious whether J.D. Power is reliable as an evaluator. Any opinions? Experience? TIA

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson