Subject Author Posted Replies

any opinon on empire carpet?
just got a quote for $3300 installed of 35 oz carpet with 6 pound padding...4 rooms. any opinons?
25
25

Faucet dripping
I bought a new Grohe faucet in my bathroom, and installed it. Everything was good for a few days, but then it started dripping. So I got a replacement cartridge from Grohe, and installed it without...
4
4

Pressure wash or scrub stucco?
The paint on my stucco on concrete block house is chalky and peeling and even cracking in a couple of places. Everyone here, in south Florida, seems to pressure wash stucco before painting, but I am...
10
10

CRAZY ELECTRICAL PROBLEM
MY ELECTREIC IS HAUNTED. I HAVE A 100 AMP SERVICE 220 IN TO 100 AMP 1 SEEMS TO BE OK BUT LINE 2 IS THE PROBLEM.I HAVE OUTSIDE LIGHTS ON LINE 2 A 220 WATER HEATER ON 1 AND 2. When the water heater is...
6
6

Question about a fuse on a transformer in AC
------------------------------------- I have a L37-310 transformer in our air conditioner unit seen here the fuse got blown because this house is weird and every time the heat gets turned on after the...
10
10

molding around bifold doors
I recently installed new bifold doors in my basement in a new frame that I installed. Now its time for the molding. I was thinking can I install the top molding in a way that hides the track,...
6
6

Power Deregulation - any feedback about third party suppliers?
So, PA now has deregulated power AND the rate cap removed. I understand so do a dozen or so of other states in the nation. As soon as this happened the third party suppliers started calling offering...
54
54

Chain link gate replacement note
The original gate had rusted to pieces, and it needed to be a tad wider to contain the tiny undisciplined dogs we often host. I looked at the BORGS, they carry an adjustable width replacement for ~...

OT: cashing in coins
My local US Bank has a coin counting machine in the lobby; dump in the coins, and you get a voucher. The last time I went in (about a month ago), I ended up with about $150. They do not charge for...
43
43

Thermostat
I need a new thermostat. I see that there are a zillion out there. I *think* all I need is separate AC/heat(gas) temp settings and perhaps some kind of late night setback. And, reliable, so I can lock...
12
12

It's the stove again.
I haven't repaired the oven yet, but the top burners are giving me fits now: When I try to turn on any of the four burners, the back right burner igniter sparks, no matter which burner knob I turn on....
4
4

toilets
I was thinking of replacing the old 70s toilet with a modern, one piece one. Like to know if there are any opinions on how well different makes flush etc. and which is a good make to choose. Or, of...
8
8

The electrical box at the end of a pool
is that 110 or something less for the pool light? I am looking for a cheap way to get an outlet to the back yard and thought this might work. But for some reason I thought this was not 110 there.
8
8

What's the point with the little paint rollers
I haven't painted in awhile and I see everyone using those little paint rollers. They must be good for something--what is it?
23
23

Electric Attic Fans but No Thermostat
------------------------------------- I moved into a house about a year ago. I noticed over the summer that the upstairs would get pretty hot (we live in Alabama). Well I finally noticed we had two...