Programmable Thermostat Selection

Existing Thermostat: White Rodgers LR27935 (Type 1F56-444).

What additional information is needed in order to select an appropriate programmable thermostat to replace this one?

Reply to
bobneworleans

Types of use. Some will not do heat pumps. I don't know of any cross reference sheets.

I've had good luck with Honeywell units.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

If you plug "1F56-444" into the White-Rodgers cross reference guide=20 here:

it gives back this:

[quote]

Description of Suggested Replacement: Single Stage Universal (1H/1C, or 1H, or 1C) Horizontal Setpoint=20 Thermostat, 24 Volts, Snap Action Contact, System Switch-Heat, Off,=20 Cool, Fan Switch-Auto, On, Profile-Horizontal, can be used on 3 wire=20 zone valve and 750mV applications, Includes Heat/Cool only Terminal=20 Wallplate, Range 50-90=B0 F, Terminals-RC,RH,W,Y,G,O,B,A. (MERCURY FREE)

Suggested Upgrades: Premium 7 Day Programmable: =091F97-1277 Premium 5+1+1 Day Programmable: =091F97-1277 Premium Non-Programmable: =091F97-1277 Standard 7 Day Programmable: =091F87-361 Standard Non-Programmable: =091F86-344 Economy 5+2 Day Programmable: =091F78-151 Economy Non-Programmable: =091F78-144

[/quote]

Basically, any single-stage 24 VAC programmable thermostat will work.=20 These are very common and widely available. I like the White-Rodgers and=20 Honeywell brands. Note that the White-Rodgers brand has started to be=20 marketed under the "Emerson Climate" name, their parent company.=20

--=20 Seth Goodman

Reply to
Seth Goodman

From the above, it sounds like you have a single stage heat, single stage cool, conventional fuel system. Virtually any 24V thermostat will work with that. The rest depends on the features you want.

I higly recommend the Honeywell VisionPro. They are more expensive, but the touchscreen display looks great, very easy to program. It also offers features like vacation hold, where you can set it to hold the temp you set for X days, then resume normal operation. And it has adaptive recovery, which means you just set it for the temp you want it to be at a certain time when it resumes from being setback. It then figures out what time to activate the system based on past history. For example, you set it back to 60 at night, want it to be 72 at 7AM. That's how you set it and the thermostat then figures out what time to fire the system up, eg 5:30 to get it there.

You can find them on Ebay.

Reply to
trader4

Hi, I like Honeywell Vision Pro. It can be unplugged from wall plate to pogram rather than standing there programming it. They call it arm chair programming. I have two Vision Pro 8000(one at home, one at our condo downtown) Never had trouble since installed. Just replaced batteries when display tells us.

Reply to
Tony Hwang