Subject Author Posted Replies

Buying universal light kit for ceiling fan
A few months ago I purchased a Hampton Bay ceiling fan from HD, only the fan, no light. Now I would like to add a light kit. I have seen light kits at HD made by Hampton Bay, but not the kind I like....
5
5

stucco tips
would you do with this patch? adventures in stucco

Which glue?
I am going to build a compartment, much like a chest freezer that will incorporate a dorm fridge. The compartment will be made of styrofoam or the blue insulating panels, and be to maintain a...
11
11

Shop Safety
A review of best practices by Popular Mechanics magazine, inspired by the death of a Yale student whose hair was caught in the chuck of a metal lathe. guess she should have been wearing a hair net. ....
6
6

Ryobi Trimmer fuel line routing
I've got a Ryobi 790r trimmer (the one with the changeable heads). The fuel lines are shot (probably why it hit the curb, where I found it). I understand how to run the primer line but the one...
2
2

Short grounding wires
An open basement ceiling has an octagonal box that serves (and has) the basement ceiling lights with three conductors coming in/out of it, and the copper grounding wires were wrapped around the metal...
9
9

Latex or enamel for covered porch ?
I am sanding down a covered porch down to bare wood, and I am going to paint it. It is a "covered" porch in that it has a roof over it, but it is not fully protected, as it has open sides. So, it does...
5
5

Chimney questions
I own a property that has a brick chimney that extends maybe 10 feet or so above where it comes through the roof at the back of the house. The property that I own is a "twin" home -- meaning two...
17
17

OT: Airline Seat Cushion
Hi, We are buying property overseas. This will require flights of several hours each way. My behind cannot tolerate more than about two hours in an airplane seat. Is there a comfortable and easily...
25
25

Home Depot Paint & Primer in One
I had high hopes for it. I thought that all the 'it can't possibly work' postings weren't based on actual experience or knowledge, just mistrust. Well, I used it to paint red over a white threshold...

Workbench design. Viable?
I need a specialized kind of workbench on a low budget and this is my thinking so far... Basic requirement: laminate surface about 8ft by 2ft and 34 inches off the ground. I've seen 8 ft laminate...
47
47

Dripping water dispencer on refrig
I have a Whirlpool sided-by-side refrigerator with ice & water in the freezer door. Recently the water dispenser has started leaking. The problem is definitely not that the dispenser switch is being...
5
5

Silverfish
Does anyone know how to get rid of silverfish? We see one in our bathroom about 3 times/week. Any ideas? Thanks.
11
11

Rust-Oleum faux counter tops
My wife is always after me to put in granite counter tops and I'm running out of excuses. Has anyone tried this yet? http://www.rustoleumtransformations.com/
4
4

Good Mailbox Paint
After we had two I items stolen from our rural mailbox, I bought one of those big lockable boxes: don't like the black paint. Would like to paint it gray. What kind of paint should I use to withstand...
12
12