Subject Author Posted Replies

What paint for plumbing bookcase?
A friend got this link to a cute modernistic bookcase. I'm wondering what kind of pipe and fittings and what kind of black paint might have been used, so the paint doesn't flake of 1 week after set...
13
13

getting drywall to 2nd floor without a boom truck
No truck, no real steps, just pull down attic type. I can open up a 2'x8' bay of the gable end wall. Is there a fairly easy way to do this? It has to go up about 10.5'. Getting a boom truck will be...
17
17

New car cheaper than used
As a follow up on a recent truck buying thread, I got this in my mail this morning Cars May Be Less Expensive Than Used, Says Edmunds By | Last updated Aug 12, 2011, 9:58 am In tough economic times it...
30
30

Skylight leak, 2nd post (with pics)
I started removing the wet sheetrock around my skylight to try and find out exactly where the leak is coming from. I found the leak coming from the bottom 2 corners of the skylight. It might be hard...
11
11

Lock plate question
I am changing the knobs and locks on the doors of my house. The metal plate on the door jamb is screwed into the jamb where you would expect it to be, but then wraps around to the front of the jamb...
5
5

hose leaking water?
my garden water tab is leaking when i connect it to a water hose. I have used different hose but got the same result exactly. Please see the following 2 pictures. The first one show from where the...
11
11

Are these guys doing a professional job
I was pretty sick for about 3 years from having a transplant. I let things go. The biggest thing was the front door. Weathering caused the form for the step to rot and the step broke in half. Anyway....
9
9

Town vs. Homeowner. Town loses.
"[Worth Township, Mich] All a homeowner wanted was to remodel his cottage. Thirteen years later, the work remains undone. But everything else in this woody lakefront resort in the Thumb has turned...
14
14

Skylight leak, (I think I narrowed it down to glass seal, not roof)
During a heavy steady rainstorm yesterday, my skylight started to leak through the sheetrock. I have had issues with this in the past, but never this bad. The flashing around the skylight on the roof...
1
1

Indiana State Fair stage collapse
Sort of off topic since it's not an issue for home repair, but sort of on topic since it has to do with construction. I'm sure you've seen the collapse on tv, and its all over the internet especially...
39
39

Drilled a hole I shouldn't have
Situation is that SWMBO wanted me you put up curtain rods over two 8' high by 6' wide sliding doors. Packaged with the rods and #8 x 1-1/4 screws are some plastic anchors which resemble white tubes...
12
12

Cameron must go
If these riots and millionaire Cameron's Syria-like response to the mayhem * doesn't make his govenment fall, what will it take? *plus antagonizing the police by cutting their funding HB
4
4

Outdoor solar string lights
Hi, Does any company make solar powered string lights to use during the holidays and e.g. to light pathways. Thanks!
4
4

OT. Giant TV screens,,
have been set up in the streets of cities where riots/looting has occurred in the UK Pictures shown taken from CCTV of looters etc for IDing them. They must be mental, we have more CCTV here than...
23
23

Forced Air/Return air filters Advice please...
I have a 120 000 btu mid effcient furnance, mid 90s. Also a central air tied into this as well. The original return air filter box is an old electro-air electronic filter that no longer works. The...
3
3