"fiber substrate" lap siding

I'm looking at LP's 'Smartside' lap siding, to replace some water-damaged clapboards. LP has an OSB type, but the 'simulated rough-sawn finish' (I think that's what they're trying for) doesn't match. They have a smooth finish, but it's described as "fiber substrate". (Apparently, not cement board.) I'm interested in any info about this.

Thanks, George

Reply to
George

Looking for *any* info?

Have you checked out their website?

Text:

Video:

DerbyDad03

I'd read that. First not clear whether it is saying anything about LP's own "fiber substrate" SmartSide. Again, LP's 'smooth' finish SmartSide is not OSB - it's "fiber substrate". But, it's still (per local lumber yard) in the SmartSide family.

Second, ppl's experience with this might be different than LP's promotional material.

George