Subject Author Posted Replies

IC Rated Lighting Fixtures and Insulation
IC rated is only for recessed fixtures that will be in contact with insulation. Insulation can make the can very hot. IC rated list the bulbs that can be safely used, and all of them I have seen have...
2
2

Tappan Convection oven repair?
It came with the house so is around 25 years old, and a very good oven. Around 7 or 8 years ago the oven started failing and it was the igniter or thermocouple I think. It seems to be failing again,...
1
1

Number of yearly decapitations from ceiling fans
Yesterday I went into a public restaurant and saw an out of control ceiling fan only a few feet from my head. To begin it was going way too fast. If this was not bad enough, it apparently had a blade...
27
27

Recommendations for cheap auto-ranging multimeter
I'll be another vote for the free one from HF. Gives reasonable readings, and if you fry it, it's no big deal. I try to keep several on hand. Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus . I am trying...
16
16

OT Criminal Background Check reviews
I need to do a CBC and I'm looking for suggestions on which internet site to use. Jim
4
4

Incandescent reprieve
Fer all you lightbulb alarmists, looks like the sky is not falling. Find yer own links. nb
21
21

Pink fiberglass insulation good for duct insulation?
I've got some leftover Owens Corning pink insulation R12 left. Brand news, not used stuff from a demolition job. Wondering is this would be acceptable as duct insulation. I've got a 60 foot long...
1
1

It Came From Under the Linoleum
The lineoleum on my kitchen floor is buckling slightly and developing cracks through which seeps some thin fluid, colored like cocoa with a lot of milk. The only thing I can think of that might...
4
4

Broken Battery Slot
Thought I would post this in AHR...because I haven't got a "good fix" suggestion! Thanks!
7
7

Advice sought for installing a 2" WISP antenna in an existing 3.5" cut-off mast hole
Any ideas for installing a new antenna mast into an old antenna hole? OLD: I have an old 3.5 inch ID steel tube sunk in 30 inches of concrete. I'm guessing this was an old satellite dish cut off flush...
16
16

Thief Injured Attempting To Steal Copper Wire From Miami School
Injured Attempting To Steal Copper Wire From School December 16, 2011 6:34 PM MIAMI GARDENS (CBS4) ? A thief apparently looking to steal copper from equipment on the roof of a Miami-Dade school fell...
12
12

Help finding replacement bulbs for 80 year old doll house
I am refurbishing a dollhouse for my granddaughter that was made by my grandfather in the 40s and has been in storage for many years. Each room has an overhead light built into the ceiling. There are...
44
44

Old timer needs help removing tub faucet stem
Howdy doody folks, I need to replace washers, etc., in a tub facet and running into old = timers disease. The knob says Price Pfister but they were replaced and = the stem could be anything. It's been...
3
3

OT - Google - Let It Snow
Go on...try it...Paste this into the Google search bar: Let It Snow
2
2

Is it possible to use a soldered together nipple to mount a tub downspout?
Hi all: I'm facing a situation where no "standard" nipple will work; either too short or too long. I can make a soldered-together nipple that would be of the right length, but I'm concerned that the...
5
5