weed control

I am thinking about purchasing a propane vapor torch kit to help control the weeds that pop up in my gravel driveway every year since I really don't want to use chemicals that really don't work anyway. There are several products available @ amazon.com and I was wondering if anybody else has any experience with these or similar products

thanks, cj

Reply to
cj

Which chemicals are you using? For spot weed killing I've found chemicals like "Round-Up" work very well.

Reply to
gonjah

I've used a propane weed torch to burn off dead weeds in areas like stone beds AFTER killing them with Roundup/glyphsate. I've also used Roundup and some of the extended version weed killers in a crush stone driveway. Both work well and better than screwing around with the torch. With a torch you aren't killing the root, many will regrow, and you have to keep doing it every few weeks. For a driveway, the extended versions that prevents new growth for a few months is what I would generally use.

Reply to
trader4

I liked it better when it was called Triox, a quart would go a long, long way. Now a quart will make a gallon and doesn't *defoliate* like it use to. Still works , ya just have to buy and use more

Reply to
ChairMan

this is the one i just received. I'm looking forward to burning anything that gets in front of it.

Steve Barker