Subject Author Posted Replies

Old-fashion hot water radiators
Oil heat + circulator. Should rads be bled when hot or cold? -ChrisCoaster
1
1

I LOVE Getting People to Argue With Each Other!
Q: Should oil-heated hot water radiators be bled when HOT or COLD? Jerry Springer, LET 'EM AT IT!! -ChrisCoaster
1
1

OT The metric conversion of the US would happen if they taught it in school.
There is no reason to even speak about the US standard. Any US conversions will be when it happens in the real world. Now playing: One Eskimo, Kandi Try Our New 24/7 Live Stream Music Channel Here -...
91
91

Northeast heating oil prices and gasoline?
May rise dramatically as 40% of the region's refining capacity closes. "While the largest loss by volume will be gasoline supplies, idling the Marcus Hook refinery early in the current heating season...
12
12

Honeywell MagicStat thermostat -> questions about jumper settings on the back
I've got a Honeywell MagicStat thermostat that has 2 jumpers marked as "A" and "B" that are opened or closed by a screw head that you tighten (to close the jumper) or turn out (to open the jumper)....
22
22

Back stabbed outlets and Daisy chaining, Christmas tree lamps
New 2 1/2 year old house. During construction I noticed the use of back stabbed outlets. I complained to the electrician and he (no surprise to me) said there is nothing wrong with using the back...
40
40

Converting warehouse lighting from T12 to T8
My warehouse is lit by T12 based lights that seem like they are from 1970s or 1980s. The minus is that they look old, the plus is that they are still around after all those years. As we all know, T12...
16
16

OT Stimulus Package?
It's a slow day in the small town of Pumphandle and the streets are deserted. Times are tough, everybody is in debt, and everybody is living on credit. A politician visiting the area drives through...
23
23

Fire in CT, kills five
place ashes, taken out , but not out "enough" lights a fire in a big home. No smoke detectors, or fire alarm. Dead include two grand parents, girl 10, twin girls, 7. Mother managed to get out, but...
8
8

Five dead in Xmas fire in CT
Did you all here the story about the house in CT where 3 children and two grandparents died during Xmas? It was a large $2mil house owned by an advertising exec and it was undergoing renovation....
21
21

Hot water heater and recirculator pump
Looks like Home Depot has GE and Lowes has Whirlpool. Both offer 6, 9, 12 year models. I was thinking of getting the 9 year (40 gallon) to be one step above the cheapest. Since I am switching over...
17
17

UK vs USA paint roller frames and covers
I have been looking for a y-shaped or E-frame roller handle for standard 9" roller covers. I have found only one such animal and it is in the UK, the Hamilton Superlight Adjustable Frame #HAMDARM. My...
1
1

Fighting priests?
Yes, Billo, there IS a war on Christmas. Waged by Christians against other Christians.
3
3

Can furnace gas valve solenoids be repaired/replaced?
As a fairly new heating guy, I'd say no. I've never heard of anyone doing coils or solenoids on a furnace gas valve. I have (once) done solenoid coils on a gas dryer valve. Christopher A. Young Learn...
26
26

Odd X-10 Problem: Apparently Solved
Recall the original problem where some modules in the house were not properly responding to command. One of the modules was connected to an extension cord which appears to have had an intermittent...
16
16