Subject Author Posted Replies

Light switch sparked, now not working
-------------------------------------
14

Wireless Doorbell
My neighbor asked me to look at her wireless doorbell, which suddenly stopped working properly. The buttons still work if you move them close to the unit but they no longer work mounted on the outside...
24
24

How do they fix a home sliding over a hill?
A friends home is just a few doors away:( from a home thats about to slide over a hill...:( the backyards have gone from 15 feet to just a few, and that home close by is about a foot and is for sale...
24
24

Sony QuadraStation 2.4 answering machine.
I have a Sony QuadraStation 2.4 answering machine which I purchased, used, from a garage sale. It seems to work very well except for the fact that it has a pre- recorded outgoing message and I would...
2
2

Which Guttering??
copper will cost a fortune and invite theft, people sell copper to scrap yards at over 3 bucks a pound. i suppose you could paint copper gutters white to deter thieves
1
1

ceramic blade repair
after 3 months use the blade and the handle have come name and no quarantee. the blade is as sharp as ever any suggestions on how to fix it ?
1
1

problem with Weil Mclean Boiler
I repaced my heating system 4 years ago with an oil fired Weil Mclean system. The burner is a Beckett. Occasionally theboiler fires up and then shuts down a few seconds later. The service guy claimed...
12
12

Over-the-range microwave vs. a counter top unit on a shelf?
What's wrong is: it is not fashionable to do it that way. Restaurants use microwaves on shelves, but then, a restaurant kitchen only makes money if it is efficient and practical. Equally practical in...
10
10

Pipes popped out of the walkway - What would you protect them with?
While digging along a foundation to build a flagstone walkway, these pipes popped up out of the ground (so to speak!): standard irrigation valve box is too small to cover them. I'll go to Home Depot...
32
32

Take the Ethanol Challenge by Husqvarna
Husqvarna launched the Ethanol Challenge, an animated, online quiz designed to help educate consumers on the effects of ethanol as well as prevention of ethanol-related product issues. Husqvarna has...
18
18

OT: Italian cruise ships are the best
The current plight of the Costa Concordia reminds me of a comment made by Sir Winston Churchill. After his retirement he was cruising the Mediterranean on an Italian cruise liner. Some Italian...
17
17

How to use a basketball as a paint brush
Learn to dribble like Curly Neal: don't know what's more amazing; the painting or that someone would ever think of doing it with a basketball.
7
7

Energy efficient window reflections melting Prius?
If the reflections from the windows are focused, like Archimedes mirror, it might be possible. Otherwise, I doubt it. On a large or small budget, a person can make a huge difference with some simple...
1
1

Best line of the night
From the rebuttal to the president's State of the Union address, by Mitch Daniels: "In word and deed, the President and his allies tell us that we just cannot handle ourselves in this complex,...
213
213

Driveway road mirror (request ideas for a cheap workable mirror)
My driveway angles at a sharp angle to an infrequently used road such that I almost never have to even look to see if there's traffic (because there's only traffic about once a month at the time I'm...
74
74