You Have No Right to Own a 'Military-Style' Rifle, According to Federal Appeals Court Decision

You Have No Right to Own a 'Military-Style' Rifle, According to Federal Appeals Court Decision

burfordTjustice

This is contrary to "MILLER V US" one of the cornerstone decisions upholding NFA34, the grand daddy of all gun laws. In Miller they ruled that a sawed off shotgun was not "military" enough to be protected by the 2d amendment. It will be interesting how the Trump SCOTUS rules on this.

Reply to
gfretwell

The Trump SC? King Trump now runs that too?

I agree it will be interesting, assuming they take the case of course. The appeals court ruled that semi-autos are weapons of war. I'd like those justices to show us modern armies that use rifles that are only capable of semi-auto fire.

Reply to
trader_4

He already has one appointment in front of the Senate and there are a couple of justices who are on the roof. It is very conceivable that he could appoint a couple more before this is over. If they manage to get Trump out, Pence is to the right of him on plenty of issues.

I agree it is just hyperbole but it is common hyperbole in the blue states. A couple more decisions like McDonald and Heller might turn these bans over.

Reply to
gfretwell

I would expect that this case would reach the court soon, so it seems likely that only Gorsuch goes on there.

If they manage to get

I would be so happy if that could happen. Unfortunately, the only possible path I see at this point is if the investigation into Russia shows that his campaign was in frequent contact with Russian intel and it winds up forcing his resignation or removal. If that happens though, Pence is done too. Which means we's likely wind up with Ryan, which would be fine with me. Almost anyone would be better than the dangerous clown.

Reply to
trader_4

Not going to happen. Get used to Trump and Pence for the next 8 years.

Reply to
Muggles

Great answer! :-)

Did you catch my post re Dustin?

Reply to
David B.

Pence is pretty scary too in his own right.

Reply to
gfretwell

So, you see nothing wrong with a presidential campaign being in frequent contact with Russian intelligence? Nothing odd in Trump's Russia/Putinphilia? Why would there ever be *any* contact between a US presidential campaign and Russian intelligence operatives?

Answer one simple question. Do you support having a full investigation by Congress into the contacts between Trump's campaign and Russian intelligence?

Reply to
trader_4

How can a campaign be in contact with anyone? A "campaign" is an entity...

Are you going to blame Trump for the actions of other people? One man was fired for lying about such things. That's all anyone can can do when they find out about a lie.

Are you going to blame Trump for what someone else does?

Reply to
Muggles

Kissinger was in touch with the Soviet military intelligence people before Nixon was inaugurated and nobody said a word. Obama was running point on the bailouts before he was inaugurated. At a certain point we need to believe being the president elect is a thing. I am more bothered by the fact that after all of this supposed collusion and cooperation, we are not doing better with the Russians.

Not really. What would you hope to accomplish? We have never really recovered from the political assassination of Nixon and this would be worse. The Flynn affair put Pence in a lifeboat so he is not going anywhere.

Reply to
gfretwell

I like Pence, too!

Reply to
Muggles

^5

Reply to
Muggles

Count on it. If his steak comes out medium rare when he ordered medium, he'll blame Trump and his supporters. I'm willing to bet he calls his mommy every day crying about the mean man running our country. ROFLMFAO!

Reply to
Meanie

When Obama won (both times) I wasn't happy, but I think I spent about 20 minutes grumbling about it in total, and then ignored Obama for the next

8 years. I couldn't stand to watch him on tv, so I never did! LOL
Reply to
Muggles

Exactly! I didn't care for Obama or slick Willy but it is what it is. Life goes on and we deal with it.

Reply to
Meanie

yep ... this time I do get a giggle out of reading about people whining about stuff Trump says. He's got the media running around in circles reporting stuff like "Trump said xyz" but got his facts wrong and he should have said "qwerty" instead! The liberal media is falling all over themselves to report on silly things he says just to bait the media. Then he goes off and does something important while the media is having convulsions. LOL It's hysterical!

Reply to
Muggles

Stop pretending to be stupid. You're stupid enough already.

Are you going to give an answer to the actual simple question I posed? How about that for a change?

Do you support having a full investigation by Congress into the contacts between Trump's campaign and Russian intelligence?

At this point, without an investigation, we don't know what Trump knew or did or who all in the campaign was in contact with Russian intelligence. I know one thing for damn sure. If it were my campaign and it was learned that anyone was in contact with Russian intel, I'd be out there, in public, saying that I want it FULLY INVESTIGATED. That's because I'm an American, not a Putin kissing sycophant.

One

Wrong again. Flynn was not fired for the campaign being in contact with the Russians. That happened much later, in December. And it's not just the lying that's the problem there. It was Flynn's talking to the Russian ambassador on the day that Obama announced new sanctions on Russia. That was illegal, a violation of the law. Flynn had no offical capacity at that point, neither did Trump. It was a disgraceful attempt at undermining Obama and most likely kissing Putin's ass again.

Are you going to answer the simple question?

Reply to
trader_4

So, what should the media do? Just accept Trump's blatant, egregious lies? Trump says the US is at a 47 year high in murder rate, says that he's been told before it's wrong, but he insists *again* that it's true and the media should ignore it? Trump says that his electoral college win was the biggest since Reagan, another lie. Just let that stand? So sad when idiots that claim to be conservatives don't recognize that exposing that kind of BS is precisely the job of a free press.

As is exposing contradictions, like Trump saying NATO is obsolete, that we might not come to the aid of our allies. Trump buddying up to Putin as a swell guy, when Pence is in Europe saying exactly the opposite to all this? Or King Trump saying we will commit war crimes by torturing and "taking their oil", while his Sec of Defense says we will not use torture, he is against it and he's touring Iraq reassuring them that we will not be taking their oil?

So, the press covers that and it's all unfair, "fake news"?

OMG, you Trumpets are an embarrassment, just like Trump.

The liberal media is falling all

Trump just said that we're going to build more nukes, have the biggest, baddest nukes of them all, thereby repudiating

50 years of successful US efforts at arms control. THAT is one of the most shocking, stupid things he's said so far. Are you telling us Trump just started a nuclear arms race for ratings? For games with the media?

Then he goes off and does something important while the media is

At this point Obama had his $700 bil stimulus passed by Congress and signed into law. What has Trump gotten passed? He was going to call a special session of Congress to repeal Obamacare. That showed right there how unfit, unprepared he is, because Congress was going to be in session when he was inaugurated, there was no need for a special session. So, it's been over a month now. Has it been repealed, replaced? No and you won't hear much more about it either, because Trump and the GOP dug themselves a huge hole and don't know WTF to do.

Has he passed tax cuts? The bill to build that wall?

ROFL.

EVen his stupid exec order on immigration was a total flop, stayed by the courts and withdrawn now by Trump.

Reply to
trader_4