Faucet seat installation woes...

Have meeting in a little while; thought I'd have time to fix the downstairs sink faucet drip before going...wrong! :(

Couldn't manage to get the new seats into the recesses; as the picture of a kit linked to shows, the seats have a flair at the bottom and since the seat housing is an inch or so below the top of the housing, and it's only the diameter of the cartridge can't do more than stick one finger down the hole, I could not get them to start...

Anybody here messed w/ one of these with any success...is there an installation tool that constrains the OD to let you push it into place, maybe? Didn't find anything in quick look-see...

Gotta' run now, will do some looking in town before coming home after meeting and a funeral that must attend thereafter so will be a while so if there are questions and no answers forthcoming, that'll be why.... :)

Reply to
dpb

On 02/22/2017 10:46 AM, dpb wrote: ...

dpb

i just did a sink that had been dripping for several years (if we had the handle down straight, but if we put it off to one side or the other it would not drip). had the same sort of problem where trying to get the springs and black rubber things to fit in. managed to use another small screwdriver to nudge them enough that they'd go in when i was pressing down. took a bit of dexterity that perhaps some people could not manage.

i guess patience is called for. which during a quick expected fix may not be what you have...

good luck. :)

the tool i needed the most was the strap wrench. it was a challenge to get that to fit on the small faucet top, but by golly it worked once i got the angle right.

songbird

Reply to
songbird