Military/airline style latches?

I'm looking a type of latch that I can only describe as "military" or "airliner" style. They're the latches with a butterfly-shaped handle that turns 90 degrees, drawing the latch closed, then the handle flips down flat. They're commonly used on military equipment boxes, and airline rated containers for electronics. Anyone have a proper name for these?

I'm planning to use them for camp boxes. I have a couple salvaged from a shipping container, but I'd like a dozen more.

I've checked Woodcraft, Rockler, Lee Valley, etc., but I haven't found what I'm looking for. (That doesn't mean they don't have it, just that I haven't found it.)

I'd appreciate any leads.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Craig

Kevin,

Someone found those exact latches for me at Wink's Hardware in Portland. They are legendary around here for having hard to find hardware. I don't know if they do mail order, or if they have a web site; but with a bit of searching you should be able to contact them.

David

Reply to
Jane & David

I have seen those clamps , they are called "recessed closures"

Reply to
Andy

Check this link see if it is what you are looking for

Reply to
Andy

Reply to
Todd Stock

they are commonly used for road cases for music / theater/stage productions. Most larger online music/instrument supplies retailers have them. They are supplies for building your own roadcase. They should have handles, latches and protective corners. All that stuff.

Reply to
James