new gas fireplace won't start-up

I bought a new stand alone vent free gas stove. I can get the pilot to ligh t but when I turn the dial to number 1 the pilot stays on but it does not s tart if I turn to number 2 setting the pilot turns off and nothing happens? Can anyone help me with this? Thanks

Reply to
chilly1111111

The more knowledgeable people here will want more information. Make and model number will be their first questions.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

You bought it new? Warranty? Instructions from the dealer? Troubleshooting guide in the manual?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

If I recall correctly, that model needs to be turned to number 3.

Reply to
Travis Bickle

light but when I turn the dial to number 1 the pilot stays on but it does n ot start if I turn to number 2 setting the pilot turns off and nothing happ ens? Can anyone help me with this? Thanks

TEch support phone number?

Reply to
trader_4