new gas fireplace won't start-up

I bought a new stand alone vent free gas stove. I can get the pilot to ligh t but when I turn the dial to number 1 the pilot stays on but it does not s tart if I turn to number 2 setting the pilot turns off and nothing happens? Can anyone help me with this? Thanks
On 2/23/17 7:41 AM, chilly1111111 wrote:

The more knowledgeable people here will want more information. Make and model number will be their first questions.
On 2/23/2017 8:41 AM, chilly1111111 wrote:

You bought it new? Warranty? Instructions from the dealer? Troubleshooting guide in the manual?
On Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 9:05:17 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

light but when I turn the dial to number 1 the pilot stays on but it does n ot start if I turn to number 2 setting the pilot turns off and nothing happ ens? Can anyone help me with this? Thanks

TEch support phone number?
On 2/23/17 8:41 AM, chilly1111111 wrote:

If I recall correctly, that model needs to be turned to number 3.
--
Life is tough.....it's even tougher if you're stupid.
- John Wayne