Thermocople or gas valve problem

I just installed a new thermostat and my furnace is blowing cold air. My pilot light is on but it still not heating up. My furnace is a clare hecla and the model # is G126-LB-C.

Reply to
jullian browne

Julian,

So what thermostat did you install and why? Are you sure that you have wired it correctly? Are you sure that you are operating it correctly? It sounds as if you have it incorrectly wired.

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel

The wires coming out of my wall are blue, green, white, yellow and red.

Red wire is in the h and it it has a bridge wire going to rh yellow wire is in y green wire is in g blue wire is in c white wire is in w.

i insyalles a ritetemp 6008 because my other thermostate went.

Reply to
jullian browne

did it work before you installed the T stat? Check the wiring and be sure you used the proper diagram.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

pilot light is on but it still not heating up. My furnace is a clare hecla and the model # is G126-LB-C.

No it wasnt working thats y we thought it was the thermostat, when it origi nally went always had to take the thermosat off take the batteries out and put them back in to reset it thats y we replaced it. Now i just cleaned all the dust in the furnace abd its still not coming on but the pilot light st ays lit.

Reply to
jullian browne

y pilot light is on but it still not heating up. My furnace is a clare hec la and the model # is G126-LB-C.

ginally went always had to take the thermosat off take the batteries out an d put them back in to reset it thats y we replaced it. Now i just cleaned a ll the dust in the furnace abd its still not coming on but the pilot light stays lit.

Reply to
jullian browne

Julian,

h? Do you mean RC?

This sounds ok. Are you sure that your furnace runs on 24v ac? Take the cover off and look for stray strands of wire. Fix any strays. What happens when you switch the fan on? When you have the fan in the Auto position does the fan turn off when you drop the temp below house temp?

It's possible that you bought a bad thermostat. I assume that you have the receipt.

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel

Thermocouples are cheap and readily available. I'd start there as they fail far more often than gad valves.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

im not sure if it runs on 24v ac the fan constantly runs except when on auto it does nothing. when i was swithching the fan on i heard a clicking noise. i hope i didnt buy a bad thermostat.

Reply to
jullian browne

My pilot light is on but it still not heating up. My furnace is a clare he cla and the model # is G126-LB-C.

riginally went always had to take the thermosat off take the batteries out and put them back in to reset it thats y we replaced it. Now i just cleaned all the dust in the furnace abd its still not coming on but the pilot ligh t stays lit.

if my pilot light is on can my thermocople still be out. Also someone said something about maybe a limit switch has been tripprd

Reply to
jullian browne

Julian,

Don't panic yet. Do you have a voltmeter? Let's measure the voltage between the blue wire and the red wire. Let's measure the voltage between the blue wire and the green wire. What do you get? Did you set the internal switch to gas? The fan is supposed to run constantly when it is turned on. You should not get any heat. What happens when you put the fan on Auto and turn the thermostat up (wait 5 mins) while the controls are switched to heat? Do you now get heat? Did you do the tests recommended on pg.8 of your manual?

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel

thanks dave im going to try all the things you recommended in the morning then i will post the outcome on my way to work now.

Reply to
jullian browne

The OP neeeds to apply voltage directly to the gas valve using some clip leads or wires. He needs to find out what voltage and where to apply it.

Sounds like he really needs to get professional help, or at least a very handy neighbor with a voltmeter, and paper and pencil to sketch out how the circuit and the auxiliary equipment is connected and then post that info here.

Reply to
hrhofmann

I would jumper red to white at the furnace - which should do the same thing. There should be 24V at the gas valve. If the burner does not come on it is likely the thermocouple.

Reply to
bud--

Was your furnace not working when you installed the new thermostat?

Or did you just decide you wanted a new thermostat? In that case put the old one back on and see if your furnace starts working again.

Reply to
jamesgang