Windows 10 users - using edge? :)

[snip]

You misunderstood what I wrote. if a program has html instead of it's own actual executable code to render the graphical user interface, EDGE will render it for the program, without identifying itself as edge. It won't look like a web browser to you at all. It'll look like the programs authors intended for their GUI to look, instead.

Windows 10, despite your efforts to 'disable' it also uses Edge to render some of the screens you see when you actually use the OS itself. It's one of the reasons you can't actually remove it. Windows

10 itself, uses it. You can elect not to surf the web with it, but, you can't really stop Windows 10 and some apps from using it to render their own GUIs.

Just like win9x, etc etc etc used IE to render some of it's own screens, without appearing to look anything like IE while doing so.

Am I explaining what I meant better?

Although my post can certainly seem that way, I'm not actually being arrogant in it. I was trying to explain something in a way which clearly didn't make sense to you. For that, I do apologize.

Reply to
Diesel

Hey Joann, you're wrong again. Diesel is correct. Hahahhahhahhaaaa!

Reply to
hta

On Wed, 26 Apr 2017 12:18:16 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster wrote in

If the computer is that small, why not just shove it up your ass?

Reply to
Jack Meoff

So we are on the same page with Chrome.

Reply to
clare

I just ran into an example of what Diesel is talking about. I went to print out a PDF file on a Win 10 system and it brought up a screen that I've seen before, hated, thought was difficult to use, but I never paid that much attention to it. This time, I realized it is in fact Edge, that it uses to view/print PDF files. I figured out how to change it, so that now it used Adobe Acrobat instead. But it is an example of how with the default settings, Edge is being used for things you would not expect. And it really sucks, because on the version of Edge that it brings up to view PDF, you can't even easily find where to print.

So, that's an example of where I'm not using Edge for a browser, yet Win 10 default is to use it to view PDF.

Reply to
trader_4

Yep. But hey, atleast you can change that one. :)

As I told another poster, I'm not here to mislead anyone or 'brag' about the things I know. As one individual once told me, "it's not bragging if you can back it up" :) Many people these days can 'build' a computer, load Windows, even load drivers without much/any hand holding. However...Not many people actually understand the inner workings, or the relationships between various pieces of code as it relates to other pieces of code, or the hardware they just assembled.

IOW, There's 'techs' and then theres Techs...

Reply to
Diesel