Window does not stay up

Hello,

I have a problem with my sliding windows. One night I pushed them down hard and heard a click. After that I have problems in keeping them up. I try to keep them up, however it comes down automatically. I know something's broken, or not in its right place, unfortunately, I'm not sure what it is. Can I remove the window completely and then put it back in. I know you can clean them by pulling them inside at an angle, however is that the way to also totally remove them, and if so, then is it a problem to put it back in? Please help. I'm new at this! Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Reply to
snalion

A spring or counterbalence broke. Are they name brand windows? Look closely for faint etching in the glass or frame to try to figure out who made them.

Reply to
Art

Without a doubt you broke thw counter balancing mechanism, a sprimg or weight set up tha is usually inside the window frame Which to get to you have to remove the entire window as a rule.. Not an easy thing to fix.

Reply to
Jack