Whirlpool washer vibrating after spin cycle.

I have a 5 year old Whirlpool Gold washing machine. It has been working pretty well for years. As a matter of fact it is still working, however, it vibrates horribly when coming out of spin cycle. It sounds like a large rig when they use the Jake brakes (hope i spelled that right). It happens every time the washer ends a spin cycle. I have manually turned the drum and can feel the thumping point twice per revolution. When I look at the brake kit on the internet it looks as if it has two large catches or pawls or something on it. It also costs about $90! Anybody have any ideas as to what EXACTLY is causing this? Also, I assume the brake is just to speed the cycle up. If the brake is the problem, can I electrically disable it?

Thanks!

Reply to
mail.mcintyre

Hi,

Saw this posting of yours first....

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Why fix it? The ladies in the neighborhood may enjoy leaning up against it while doing laundry. You have a potential money maker there.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Reply to
revove spam bloxxxx

Yeah, she is proud of me.

Why don't you post your real name? Oh, no balls.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski