Whirlpool Washer Knocks On Agitation - Found ? Part

This washer makes a loud "knock" as it agitates under load. Spin cycle is fine. Transmission rotates smoothly by hand. I pulled the transmission to see if there was a loose part in the clutch/brake. Everything is virginal. When I pulled the washer I did find a rubber washer on the floor underneath that "seems" as if it may have fallen off something but I was unable to see where. [I don't recall seeing this before.] It has the number "17" on it and is about 1 inch diameter with as 1/4 inch hole on the center. It is about 3/4 inch think and shaped a bit like a mushroom cap. Seems like something whose absence could account for knocking? But I can't see this on any parts diagrams. Anyone know what it is, where it goes? Thank you.

Reply to
John Keiser

Some of the supply web stores will have illustrated parts breakdowns. Just go in like you are trying to buy a part and browse their drawings. I'd look for a bolt as well since I'd expect a washer with a hole to have a bolt through it. Or a nut.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

Ah. Its a motor mount grommett. Easily put back. Thanks for the ideas. This is still a very noisey washer.

Reply to
John Keiser

Next time, please include model number and age of machine, you can get much more detailed answers if you do that.

Reply to
hrhofmann