Which Neptune washer/dryer to buy?

I am looking for a front load washer/dryer for my closet laundry room. While I like the Duet, Bosch and Kenmore, they are all too deep for my laundry room (room is only about 31" deep).

This pretty much leaves me with the Neptune I think. So, anybody know of any other good quality front-loaders that are full size and 28" or less in depth?

Also, among the Neptunes which is the best: 5500 vs. 6500 vs. 7500?

My concern with the 7500 is that the extra complexity and LCD screen may be more likely to break, more expensive to repair, and at the end of the day not very useful (kind of like all the unused features on my microwave)? Do you agree?

If so, then I would have to choose between the 5500 and the 6500. It seems that the 6500 costs $100 more and gives you a faster spin speed and preheating of the water.

I don't think I need the preheadted water since my water heater is good enough and we usually don't like to use an all hot water cycle anyway.

Regarding the spin speed, I have been told that you only get marginal benefit with the increase.

What do you guys/gals recommend?

Reply to
Jeffrey J. Kosowsky

Hi,

Some consumers opinions that may help....

The MAH5500 has been our best seller.

Some others to have a peek at....

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

I worked for an OEM that made touch screens. When they go out your screwed. And touch screens in general unless made for the application do not like high heat and humidity.

I bought the 5500 in February. It has an button for "max extract" forces the spin cycle an minute or two longer. I do not use hot water to wash so the preheating of the water was stupid for me.

I wash king sized comforters in it and on max extract they come out pretty dry. Better than on the regular cycle. I am pleased with mine. Think about the stand to raise them off the floor. Sure makes it easy to load and unload when I do not have to bend so far. Mine was free with the set I bought at the maytag store. Do you know anyone in active military? They can get 10% off at Lowes.

Reply to
SQLit