Which inexpensive top loader washer to buy?

We are talking about Fisher & Paykel, which is very high quality. They are relatively new to the US, but they are very well known and highly regarded in the rest of the world where they have been the "BMW" of washing machines since the 1930's.

One reason for the lower parts count is that the Fisher Paykel has no drive belt or transmission, which, other than the water pump, are the most failure prone parts of almost every other washer.

Reply to
salty

I have a Fisher Paykel drawer dishwasher and we love it but it has to be installed perfectly, which is almost impossible unless your arms are 10 feet long and 2 inches wide, to work properly and avoid back siphoning. Seems like they do a lot of things right but some major things wrong. I saw their washing machines and they looked wierd enuf that I would not buy one.

If it were me, I would go to Lowes or Home Depot and look for a new in box left over Maytag Neptune front loader for around $500. They were selling them here for awhile at that price. Our Neptune front loader had only 1 repair in 10 years despite the fact that Consumer Reports said it had a bad repair record. Early models had a mildew problem that Maytag fixed for free if you asked them nicely. Of course Maytag is now part of Whirlpool.

Reply to
Art

Yes, that's certainly a good, rational, reason to avoid them.

Reply to
salty

Where can a private individual buy commercial type washer such as in link below?

me

would it be wise to go for "commercial" un it"

see link

me

Ok thanks....I wont worry abt stainless drum then!

Reply to
me

Did you try the "Distributor Locator" tab on that web page?

Reply to
Samantha Hill - remove TRASH t