which 10" toilet flushes best??

I am replacing a 10" rough-in toilet and want one that flushes really well (like American Standard's "Champion" technology). Any recommendations? I've heard Toto is good, but expensive.

TIA, Deborah

Reply to
deborahstraka

I just replaced a 15 year old crane that I paid $225.00 for with a Toto that I paid $250.00 for, so I didn't think that was to bad a price change after 15 years, the Toto uses 1/2 the water and flushes really well, brass internal parts which suprised me.

Reply to
Greg

be aware of noise, too loud and no one will want to flush during sleeping hours, some pressure assisted toilets sound like jet aircraft on take off.

Reply to
hallerb

When we built our house in 2002-4, we came across a toilet called the Niagara Flapperless

One of the nice features of its design is that it can be installed where the setback is anywhere from 10" to 12" - the tank/bowl conection is adjustable.

We have been impressed with their operation - we have three installed and are currently finishing our basement and will be adding a fourth for a new bathroom. They do not have a flapper valve that eventually wears out and leaks. The website has a video demonstration, but basically there is a trough in the tank that fills with water. Flushing the toilet dumps the trough into the bottom of the tank.

The trough idea provides two additional benefits: since water is not ordinarily touching the sides of the tank, there is no condensation on the tank. Also, I find that the extra fall of the water makes for a stronger flush. We have never had an issue with a six-litre flush being insufficient.

Reply to
Calvin Henry-Cotnam

Hi,

About a year ago I bought a Toto and an American Standard Champion in the same month. Go with the Toto hands down. I am going to buy a second Toto this week to replace the AS.

The water doesn't always turn off and even when it does it runs from time-to-time. Google leaks. Any yes I have replaced the gasket.

Toto Drakes are $350 where I live. I will gladly pay that to get rid of the other one.

Good luck, Steve

Steve

Reply to
SteveSch

I have 3 Gerber toilets in my new house. Thats 3 pieces of junk I would never every go anywhere near if I had the choice.

Reply to
dnoyeB