Toto (tm) toilet??

Neighbor has one. 1.6 gal and what a great flush, he is sold on them. Has anyone had any experience with them? I need to replace mine and am tempted but wonder if it is such a great product why are dealers so scarce. I am in E Washington and the nearest dealer seems to be in Western Oregon. That seems to be a red flag to me. Of course the price is really high ($350 range) so that may explain the lack of dealers.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

I bought a spec house in March that has three of them and nary a problem. Previous house had a different brand with regular problems with frequent clogs.

Reply to
Roy

They are the best. I got one Toto Drake ($230) and liked it so much, I got two more!

There are lots of dealers in Washington! In fact, one in Bellevue WA has an awesome plumbing website and lists his prices there:

yellowbirddog

Hi, Toto is expert's choice. I saw a video documentary testing various low consumption models. Toto was No. 1.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Last time I saw one, I also saw a Wizard, Lion, several witches, and flying monkeys. Weird stuff.

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Fischer

I have two and and they are great. Plumber charged $100 more for the

2nd one and flush is best of the two.

Frank

Reply to
Frank

Toto has some excellent modles. We have one connected to a nearly level waste line in the basement. Over two years and not a problem. There are other good toilets available. TB

Reply to
tbasc

I guess you can tell from the responses that Toto makes some good shi...errr....waste removal fixtures. Usually you'd if you asked if it's black or white, you'd get two answers black, one white, four or five varying shades of grey and at least a couple of purples or rainbow answers. Consider yourself lucky.

One of the nicest features of the Toto toilets is the soft-close seat/lid. You can't slam it, it makes no noise and it's amazing the feature hasn't been copied by everyone.

The last one I bought was from a company I found on eBay - the prices were cheaper over the phone than what they had for the auction price.

RicodJour

Toto make many models, check their website. The Drake has the reputation of the best flusher without clogs over all other toilets tested by a testing lab. Cannot remember the name nor website of the lab.

Reply to
EXT
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Toto is the Rolls-Royce of toilets and quality costs money.

They have a dealer locater on the website and lots of info about their products.

P.S. Whatever you do, don't let the Mrs see the part of their website which explains the "washlet".

Reply to
John‰]

Thanks for all the replies. That sold me. I was in their website and used the dealer locator. They only gave me one choice and that was the Spokane one that no longer stocks them. Bellevue is the one that the GF used. Guess I'll wait for her trip down.

That website has so many models and options that it just confused me. I will go with whatever the GF has.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

pricey. But, the last one I had installed, a better one, cost $400 total, plumber installation (he supplied toilet) and removal of old toilet. One other Toto, cheaper, works very well, was $300 total. Me, getting older, with arthritic neck, I now bring in plumber for jobs I used to do myself. From the Toto list prices, sounds like I've got a good plumber.

Reply to
Frank

Their 'dealer locator' is rather, make that VERY poor. It only gave me one choice - the Spokane one that is no longer a dealer. I tried 'gaming it' by asking for one in Ellensburg. The reply "their are no dealers in your area". Seems it would hurt them or something to give more than one choice or to at least give the nearest one even if it were 200 miles away.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Check these guys out:

Shipping is free but there is a handling charge. I ordered some water filters from them last month after finding local dealer out of stock. Unbelievably, the filters arrived the next day, less than 24 hours from placing internet order. Except in an emergency, you can't get a plumber that fast ;)

Frank

Reply to
Frank

Thanks. Will be on it as soon as that GF gets back from her trip to her BF on the coast. I need to find out what type and flush mechanism she has. I also have to be sure to get the ADA type.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Harry, Keller Supply (534-1541) carries the Toto Drake in white. I called them the other day and although he didn't have any in the Spokane warehouse, he had

13 in the Coeur d'Alene warehouse.
Reply to
Lee

Good deal - thanks. It is the Drake that I am chasing. I will give them a call today. I can see this is going to be an expensive month. I have the septic tank pumper due in on Friday for $350 bill, toilet will be another $350 plus sales tax if I go the Keller route. Then being up in the 70s I tend to pay people to do what I used to do myself so a plumber call toinstall (probably).

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K