Where should smoking be illegal?

On 6/8/2016 5:52 AM, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Other studies relating to smoking from all over the world:
http://www.bioline.org.br/search?search_target=all_pub&search_string=cigarette+smoking
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Wed, 8 Jun 2016 10:18:29 -0500, Muggles
Any study that does not deal with the concentration of the toxin is hyperbolic bullshit. It flies in the face of safety regulations used in industry and your own government's guidelines. If you really believe any of these chemicals are dangerous in virtually unmeasurable amounts (or "any amount" as some of these "studies" say), you better just stay in the oxygen tent the rest of your life. You are surrounded by them and most do not come from cigarettes. It is clear you drank the Kool Aid and no amount of logic will sway you. Stay hysterical and be happy
OUT!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 6/8/2016 2:04 PM, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

So, I provide multiple references and access to dozens of independent studies all over the world that come to the same conclusions, that secondhand AND third hand smoke is dangerous and causes people to get sick, and you discount it because *you* think all of those tests are BS??
THEN, you attack me because you don't like the evidence I provided that counters your argument?
Debate the subject, and if you can't do that, don't attack the messenger.
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 6/7/2016 12:57 PM, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Journal of Medicine and Biomedical Research The Effect of a Single Cigarette Puff on Air Flow in the Lungs.
A puff of cigarette is estimated to contain 1016 oxidants. The degree of smoking or smoke exposure can be ascertained by measuring the serum levels of continine (a metabolite of nicotine)
Inhalation of cigarette puff has an immediate effect on respiration by increasing airway resistance and therefore reducing the amount of oxygen absorbed into the body.4
The present study was designed to examine the effect of cigarette puff on lung function. It is unique in that it focuses on the acute response to a single puff of cigarette smoker.
http://www.bioline.org.br/request?jm07001
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 6/5/2016 1:30 PM, Muggles wrote:

Thread drift. The technique of those who cannot win an argument.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 6/5/2016 4:59 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sun, 5 Jun 2016 17:59:01 -0400, Stormin Mormon

I dealt with the actual lack of danger in second hand smoke, using the OSHA guidelines on hazards. If we are really talking about things that simply offend you, why not expand the scope of the rant?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 06/02/2016 02:28 PM, bob haller wrote:
[snip]

But only as long as they continue the filthy dirty disgusting habit.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Per bob haller:

Way back in the early eighties a guy I worked with - and who made a number of predictions that eventually came true - told me that eventually smoking would be viewed like chewing tobacco and spitting.
At the time I thought "Geeze, you're a really smart guy.... but this time you've gone over the top."
Seems to me like his prediction is not too far from coming true.
--
Pete Cresswell

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 6/5/2016 8:21 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

Chewing tobacco and spitting isn't all that far from smoking.
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Chewing leaves brown streaks on your car when you spit out the window. When I worked in the steel mills, the tobacco spit disappeared in the dust. I quit chewing when there was no place to spit.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 6/5/2016 10:39 AM, Vic Smith wrote:

I imagine it leaves brown streaks down someone's chin when they spit, too.
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

How do you feel about the gum?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 6/5/2016 10:59 AM, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Occasionally, I like to chew peppermint gum, briefly, to freshen my breath after a meal. I throw it away in the same paper I took it out of.
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 06/05/2016 10:19 AM, Muggles wrote:
[snip]

My grandfather used to chew tobacco, and had spit cans (old coffee cans) around the house. I think I thought that was disgusting when I was growing up. That was when I had NO experience with people smoking, which is much worse. Consider that chewing tobacco spit is a thick liquid that DOESN'T enter other people's lungs.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 6/5/2016 1:39 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:

So, it doesn't enter their lungs, I suppose that means it doesn't hurt anyone?
http://tinyurl.com/jjna4j5
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 06/05/2016 07:07 PM, Muggles wrote:

Of course it hurts the USER. That's not what I was talking about.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 6/7/2016 12:36 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:

No USER is an island.
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 6/8/2016 1:19 AM, Muggles wrote:

It takes a village to get cancer.
I think smoking should be illegal on Planet Earth.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 8:09:47 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

plus it adds to global warming
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.