Should that be smoking?

Trying out me so far unused Lidl soldering station.

Read all the instructions, fired it up, waiting a while before tinning the tip.

Should all that smoke be coming out?

Oh gawd!!!

Forgot to remove the protective plastic cover from the tip of the pointy soldering bit.

In my defence, M'Lud, it wasn't specifically mentioned in the instructions (I think).

Won't make that mistake again.

Well, no more plastic tip cover.

Grump.

Dave R

Reply to
David

Are you off to a/e for a test to see if you have got cynide poisoning?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Can you tin it? Or is it covered in baked on carbony gunk?

Reply to
GB

Thankfully all the black crap scraped off quite easily.

Tinned up and used to make my minimal light bulb tester (as discussed elsewhere) from a socket and a 9V battery connector.

Tester works.

String of lights still doesn't, even though I've evicted a spider from inside the 13 amp plug.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David